Romeo & Juliet Discussion Board discussion

Is there a single person that is to blame for the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet? Or are there mulitple people?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noah (new)

Noah Wolters | 4 comments Please post answers below.

message 2: by Noah (new)

Noah | 3 comments I believe that there were people to blame like Romeo, but I also believe that there were themes in the story to blame for Romeo and Juliets deaths. The themes that I blame are Time, Violence, and Fate. Anyways, I do agree that there are more people to blame for the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

message 3: by Addy (new)

Addy Sherman | 6 comments There are several people to blame for Romeo and Juliet's death. Romeo should've known better to take time to ease into a relationship that is unwanted by the family. Also, Friar Lawrence should not have helped Romeo and Juliet SECRETLY be together.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Little (jamielittle) | 5 comments I believe Friar Lawrence is above all to blame. While, yes, Tybalt, Romeo, Juliet, and countless others made crucial mistakes that lead to banishment and death, Friar Lawrence could have easily fixed this. He had multipul chances to save Romeo and Juliet by making sure Balthasar knew the plan about Juliet's fake death, or at the least save Juliet, by not leaving Capulet's tomb. This is why I think only one person is to blame, and that is Friar Lawrence.

message 5: by Alessia (new)

Alessia Perry | 2 comments I believe that there is a large amount of people to blame. Like not just one person is to blame for what happened. Everybody made some type of mistake to make their relationship more difficult.

message 6: by Jared (new)

Jared | 2 comments Many things were responsible for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. However, none of this would have happened had the two families not been against each other, thus resulting in the "forbidden" part of Romeo and Juliet's forbidden love, since they can not marry each other without going against their own houses. Thus they attempt to keep it a secret from prying eyes, and attempt to be together whenever they can.

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Foster | 2 comments I blame it on Rosaline that person who didn't want to be with Romeo.

message 8: by Aeryn (new)

Aeryn | 3 comments I think that everyone involved in the play contributes to the deaths of Romeo and Juliet somehow. Without certain characters the play might have turned out different in the end. Although, the people who were involved the most were the Montague family, the Capulet family, and Friar Lawrence. They were the most involved because the Montague family and the Capulet family were enemies. Also Friar Lawrence married Romeo and Juliet thinking that it would help the families end their feud. Although, neither Romeo or Juliet tell their parents that they married eachother so that doesn't help the situation.