What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A young girl that can use earth magic

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new)

Martin | 2 comments Hello, so I think it's been about 10 years since I saw and read this is in a bookstore. But I'm terrible with time.

I believe it's a YA novel - Fantasy.
It was a hardcover as well. And I remember on this cover there was an Asian Girl I think holding a stone.

As for the story,
So this girl I believe is a student at a magic school. And she has a very strong affinity towards earth. She and about 2 or 3 other, teachers I think go to this island, because the people on the island asked for magical assistance. I can't remember the exact reason.

But this girl hated the boat ride because she couldn't really feel the earth so far away. And on the island she was able to talk to the rocks and such and befriended some earth spirits.

Eventually she found these 2 earth spirits.
And she learned a new form of magic where she basically turned into a spirit herself.
And she followed these spirits underground.
They went deeper and deeper until they became magma.
Eventually they came out through a vent in the sea.

That's about all I can remember.
I do think it was part of a series, but I've had zero luck searching in store and online.

Thanks in advance for any help at all!

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin | 2 comments Elemental magic

message 3: by M (new)

M (miyu) | 66 comments This makes me think of Tamora Pierce Melting Stones, where Evvy and Briar go to islands that are suffering from volcanic eruptions.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Melting Stones by Tamora Pierce for M's suggestion.

message 5: by Summer (new)

Summer | 252 comments Agreed, this is definitely Melting Stones. It is part of the Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Martin, was your book "Melting Stones" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Melting Stones (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tamora Pierce (other topics)