The YA Book Nerd Army discussion

Books > Overhyped books you hate.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Put books here that you dislike. Don't hate on people because they have a different opinion of you.

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 2 comments I intensely dislike Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James... The writing was amateur and the love that went on between Christian and Anastasia was NOT romantic AT ALL. At times it seemed that Christian thought of Ana as a play-toy rather than an actual person with emotions and feelings. And as for Ana --- she did not need to succumb to Christian and give him what he wanted. Honestly, this book was just totally cringe-worthy.
If I offended anyone with my opinion, I apologise.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Taylor ~It's Better To Burn Than Fade Away~ wrote: "I intensely dislike Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James... The writing was amateur and the love that went on between Christian and Anastasia was NOT romantic AT ALL. At times it seemed that Christian..."

I haven't read it because it just freaks me out and seems disgusting. And not to mention it was a Twilight Fan Fiction and just seems to be about violence.

message 4: by Emelie (new)

Emelie Lindgren | 2 comments I did'nt like the divergent serie, I liked the first book but the second book... I just could'nt stand it lol, too much drama around Four and Tris.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha. I kind of enjoyed them but I do think now they are a bit over done.

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 1 comments The Fault in Our Stars. I really couldn't get into it. I liked the story line and plot, and I love John Green, his youtube videos are great, but I just really didn't enjoy the book. Maybe its his writing style.. I'm not entirely sure. However, I read it a while ago and am thinking of rereading it to see if I have changed my mind.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The first I read TOFIOS I really liked it and re/read it straight away but now I'm not sure. It just seems cliche and over done.