Romeo & Juliet Discussion Board discussion

Romeo and Juliet
This topic is about Romeo and Juliet
When her mother Lady capulet says" she has to marry Paris". Then Juliet says" Its an honor i do not dream of". Why do you think that in the beginning of the play Juliet did not want to marry anyone?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

19MeganEMcBridepickens.K12.Sc.Us | 1 comments Please comment below.

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (andrewhylen) I think in the beginning of the play, Juliet did not want to marry, because she thought she was to young, and didn't want to share a bed with someone else yet.

message 3: by Corbyn (last edited Feb 22, 2016 07:44AM) (new)

Corbyn | 3 comments Juliet was like 12.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley K | 1 comments I think the reason why she didn't want to marry anyone was because she probably thought she was to young and not ready for it.

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 4 comments because she's 13 and she doesn't get to choose

message 6: by Noah (new)

Noah Wolters | 4 comments Juliet did not want to marry anyone because her parents were not giving her a choice of who she would marry. They said that she had to marry Paris, so she did not want to marry anyone. That all changed when she met Romeo.

message 7: by Jack (new)

Jack | 1 comments because she didnt like anyone and she was 13

message 8: by Riley (new)

Riley Pedersen | 2 comments She was only 13, and hasn't met many people

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Foster | 2 comments Juliet thought that she was too young to marry someone. At this time in the book she was trying to be paired with Paris. Personally I don't think she wasn't ready to marry but I think that she was trying to use her youth as an attempt to get out of marrying Paris. Proof of my theory was how fast Juliet fell in love with Romeo.

message 10: by Addy (new)

Addy Sherman | 6 comments How would you feel if you were in love with someone and you were told you must marry someone else, who you do not love?

message 11: by Jaicee (new)

Jaicee Markgraf | 1 comments I think Juliet didn't want to marry in the beginning of the play because she hadn't met anyone she thought was worth to marry yet. Even though her parents offered Paris, she probably wanted to fall in love with her own choice and not get forced into marrying someone.

message 12: by Noah (new)

Noah | 3 comments She didnt want to marry because she wanted the right person to come along. She realized that Paris wasnt the one and she wanted to wait.

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana VandenBosch | 2 comments It was never that she didn't wish to marry, it was only that she didn't wish to marry Paris specifically. She just wasn't attracted to him, but was attracted to Romeo. That's why she married Romeo instead. It wasn't because of a change in opinion, it was only her preference between Paris and Romeo and different levels of attraction.