It's Not Just a Book Club discussion

BOTM Discussion > Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keira (new)

Keira (keira_rogan) | 377 comments Mod
Hi, I'm Keira and I will be hosting this read and discussion. This is the New Release book for March.

For this next month, the way I'm going to do it is that the spoiler free discussion is for discussions with 0 spoilers and then in the spoiler section, just mention the chapter you are at when posting a spoiler incase someone hasn't read that part. This way, if you are behind on the reading (I'm not reading week by week, I'm just using that as an easy way to break it up and keep track of how far I am: I will provide it for those who would like to though) you can still discuss things without getting spoiled in the chat! By the way, these are even by page number, not by number of chapters.

Week 1: Beginning- Chapter 11
Week 2: Chapter 11- Chapter 22
Week 3: Chapter 22- Chapter 33
Week 4: Chapter 33- end

Please comment below if you plan on reading this book and I will add you to the list:
Keira
Jackie
Tasha

Genre: Fantasy
Synopsis:
In the kingdom of Lovero, nine rival Families of assassins lawfully kill people for a price. As a highly skilled member of one of these powerful clans, seventeen-year-old Lea Saldana has always trusted in the strength of her Family. Until she awakens to find them murdered and her home in flames. The Da Vias, the Saldanas’ biggest enemy, must be responsible—and Lea should have seen it coming. But her secret relationship with the Da Vias’ son, Val, has clouded her otherwise killer instinct—and given the Da Vias more reason than ever to take her Family down.

Racked with guilt and shattered over Val’s probable betrayal, Lea sets out to even the score, with her heart set on retaliation and only one thought clear in her mind: make the Da Vias pay.

With shades of The Godfather and Romeo and Juliet, this richly imagined fantasy from debut author Sarah Ahiers is a story of love, lies, and the ultimate vengeance.

This is another YA Fantasy, the first book in a new series. It sounds really, really awesome, epic and full of bad-assery! I am super excited to read this book and actually had it on pre-order from the beginning of the year!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) I just ordered a copy!!! Can't wait :D

message 3: by Keira (new)

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "I just ordered a copy!!! Can't wait :D"

Awesome! I look forward to reading it with you!

message 4: by Keira (new)

I just started reading this tonight and am on page 135. I'm really loving it so far. I love the social and political dynamics and the religion is handled well and, basically I'm falling in love. Let's hope the rest of the story doesn't disappoint!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) I was really excited for this, but I didn't get around to reading :-/. This month was awful for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed it!

message 6: by Keira (new)

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "I was really excited for this, but I didn't get around to reading :-/. This month was awful for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed it!"

You definitely didn't have a good reading month this month! It was amazing, so I hope you enjoy it when you do eventually read it :)