It's Not Just a Book Club discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
BOTM Discussion > *Angelfall by Susan Ee

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keira (last edited Feb 22, 2016 01:54PM) (new) - added it

Keira (keira_rogan) | 377 comments Mod
The Anti-Theme for this month is..... Apocalypse. Hi, I'm Keira and I will be hosting this read and discussion.

For this next month, the way I'm going to do it is that the spoiler free discussion is for discussions with 0 spoilers and then in the spoiler section, just mention the chapter you are at when posting a spoiler incase someone hasn't read that part. This way, if you are behind on the reading (I'm not reading week by week, I'm just using that as an easy way to break it up and keep track of how far I am: I will provide it for those who would like to though) you can still discuss things without getting spoiled in the chat! By the way, these are even by page number, not by number of chapters.

Week 1: Beginning- Chapter 12
Week 2: Chapter 12- Chapter 24
Week 3: Chapter 24- Chapter 33
Week 4: Chapter 33- end

Please comment below if you plan on reading this book and I will add you to the list:
Keira
Jackie
Tasha
Kim

Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Synopsis:
It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

I actually checked this book out from the library a while ago and then never got around to reading it (as tends to happen with library books). Now that I actually own the book though, I am much more intrigued to read it. It is a really beautiful book and, apparently, has a really good romance.

message 2: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "Hi Keira. Count me in!"

Great! I can't wait to read this with you!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) WOOT! Yay Kim!! Can't wait to read it with you!

message 4: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "I got this from Netgalley so I've been feeling guilty for not reading it."

Time to alleviate some guilt then ;)

message 5: by Keira (new) - added it

I finished this.... I started it today. I also had school today. I swear this only took me two hours.

message 6: by Keira (new) - added it

Overall, good book. Nothing perfect, but I think it will get better. Ending annoyed me in a good way. Beautiful covers, definitely going to continue.

message 7: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "Uh oh! I didn't get a chance to start yet. I'm hoping to tomorrow."

What is uh oh??

message 8: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "That was me feeling guilty for not having started this yet. I'm hoping to read at least the first couple of chapters tonight."

It's a very quick read :)

message 9: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "You were absolutely right Keira! I'm already halfway through. I was a little doubtful in the beginning because I felt as though I was dropped into the middle of a story but I'm actually quite likin..."

Great!

message 10: by Keira (new) - added it

Kim wrote: "I finished this a couple of nights ago Keira, and I can now see why this is so popular. And what an ending! I'm not always a fan of huge cliffhangers but this was really well done."

It is! I definitely need to continue at some point!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) I just started this! So far, if the first chapter is anything like the rest of the book, its gearing up to be intense.

message 12: by Keira (new) - added it

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "I just started this! So far, if the first chapter is anything like the rest of the book, its gearing up to be intense."

Yep!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) grrr, another book I didn't read! I need a new plan for April so I can get to all the books! Work is just killing me :(

message 14: by Keira (new) - added it

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "grrr, another book I didn't read! I need a new plan for April so I can get to all the books! Work is just killing me :("

That sucks! Yeah, I know how you feel, I didn't read all of the books I wanted to for March either. I found out I'm moving too and so I have no idea how much reading I'm going to get done in the coming couple of months.