It's Not Just a Book Club discussion

BOTM Discussion > *The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keira (last edited Feb 22, 2016 07:23AM) (new)

Keira (keira_rogan) | 377 comments Mod
Hi! I'm Keira and I will be hosting this read and discussion. This is the YA read for March.

For this next month, the way I'm going to do it is that the spoiler free discussion is for discussions with 0 spoilers and then in the spoiler section, just mention the chapter you are at when posting a spoiler incase someone hasn't read that part. This way, if you are behind on the reading (I'm not reading week by week, I'm just using that as an easy way to break it up and keep track of how far I am: I will provide it for those who would like to though) you can still discuss things without getting spoiled in the chat!

Week 1: to, but not including, chapter 8.
Week 2: Chapter 8- Chapter 14
Week 3: Chapter 14- Chapter 20
Week 4: Chapter 20- end (including epilogue)

If you will be reading/discussing this book, please leave a comment and I will add you to the list:
Keira
Jackie
Tasha (tentative)
Kimberly

Genre: Fantasy
Synopsis:
Near the little town of Fairfold, in the darkest part of the forest, is a glass casket. Inside lies a sleeping faerie prince that none can rouse. He's the most fascinating thing Hazel and her brother Ben have ever seen. They dream of waking him- but what happens when dreams come true? In the darkest part of the forest, you must be careful what you wish for...

This book seems intriguing, exciting and darkly mysterious. I have read one other Holly Black book and flew through it, so I hope I can do the same for this one. Also, have you seen how gorgeous the title is?!! This is a YA fantasy standalone. It also features faeries, which are one of my absolute favourite things.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly [Come Hither Books] (comehitherbooks) I won't be rereading, but I've read this one and I'll join the discussion. :)

message 3: by Keira (new)

Keira (keira_rogan) | 377 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "I won't be rereading, but I've read this one and I'll join the discussion. :)"

Wonderful! I'll add your name to the list anyway as a discusser ;)

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) WOHOOO! I can't wait for everyone to read this!! I can't wax enough poetry about this book ;)

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Jolly Vater | 65 comments I will be reading this as well :)

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_oh) excellent! I can't wait to read it with you Ashley!