The Challenge Factory discussion

2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > March Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Feb 22, 2016 12:14AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5375 comments Mod
Buddy Read

March Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 March 2016 - 31 March 2016

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the March Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Feb 22, 2016 05:04AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
Trea and Jodi will be reading Heat Exchange by Shannon Stacy together, if anyone would like to join us. Heat Exchange (Boston Fire, #1) by Shannon Stacey

Also, Trea and Donna will be reading Something in the Heir by Jenny Gardiner, if anyone wants to join us for that one. Something in the Heir (It's Reigning Men #1) by Jenny Gardiner

These are in the final sign up thread, but I can always edit my comment and add folks if they want to join us!

message 4: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Krissy wrote: "March possibilities:

Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph FinkThe Witness by Nora RobertsTrail of Broken Wings by Sejal BadaniBloodsucking Fiends A Love Story by Christopher Moore..."

I hope you enjoy Poison Study, Krissy! I've read it a few times, and it's not bad. I need to finish the rest of the series for review sometime!

message 5: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Trea, I have to read it for a challenge and I thought it sounded really good and something I'd enjoy so I'm looking forward to it :)

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16186 comments Mod
Krissy wrote: "March possibilities: The Witness by Nora Roberts..."

I loved the witness

message 7: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Ezi, I've had the audiobook in my audible library for a while but keep putting it off. But I've heard such good things so I figure it's time to listen to it

message 8: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Krissy wrote: "Ezi, I've had the audiobook in my audible library for a while but keep putting it off. But I've heard such good things so I figure it's time to listen to it"

Ezi's right, it is a really good book!

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya (ferafaces) | 464 comments Krissy wrote: "March possibilities:

Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph FinkThe Witness by Nora RobertsTrail of Broken Wings by Sejal BadaniBloodsucking Fiends A Love Story by Christopher Moore[book..."

I have John Dies at the End on my shelf for this month. Buddy read? :D

message 11: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Maya, yes! I'll sign us up!

message 12: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Elena, I'm interested in:
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini Singh Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) by Tessa Dare Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

So let me know if you prefer one over the others or 2 or all 3. I'll let you choose

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya (ferafaces) | 464 comments Krissy wrote: "Maya, yes! I'll sign us up!"

Hooooooray! :D

message 14: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Dami wrote: "I'm Dami. I love Dystopian books and right now I'm reading The Lunar Chronicles"

Hi, Dami! It would be great if you could list some books you're looking to read in the next month or so, that way people can see if anything you're wanting to read interests them. Just listing a genre you enjoy reading doesn't always work for trying to find a partner to read books with!

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Here are the books I'm wanting to read for March. Most of these are library books that I'm hoping to complete in the first half of March:

The Outsiders
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Red Queen
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

message 16: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Samantha, I'm game for The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Krissy wrote: "Samantha, I'm game for The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton"

Sounds great! I'll put it in the final sign up :)

message 18: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments If everyone is interested in Devil's Child. Jerry Coyne with Jane Smith by Jerry Coyne , The Mystery of 31 New Inn by R. Austin Freeman , Solace of the Road by Siobhan Dowd , The Ten Thousand (The Macht #1) by Paul Kearney , Night of Blood (Dragonlance The Minotaur Wars, #1) by Richard A. Knaak and Pirate Nation Elizabeth I and Her Royal Sea Rovers by David Childs just let me know.

message 19: by Dami (last edited Feb 22, 2016 03:53PM) (new)

Dami | 23 comments Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Samantha I'm interested in Red Queen

message 20: by Dami (new)

Dami | 23 comments If anyone is interested let me know Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard , Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier , Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer , Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie , Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Dami wrote: "Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria AveyardSamantha I'm interested in Red Queen"

Cool :) I'll put us in the final sign up :)

message 22: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments I kinda wanna join a buddy read next month, but I failed so miserably last time... If I make no promises of how much or how well I participate, can I maybe join your buddy read for John Dies at the End, Krissy and Maya? I read it about a year ago and freaking loved it, and would love to go for a round two. I kinda miss Molly... ^_^

message 23: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I'm looking to read the following next month if anyone would like to join me:
There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Claire Contreras Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Claire Contreras

Lexi, are you interested in continuing on and reading Pucked Up (Pucked, #2) by Helena Hunting ?

Hey Stacey, V Audio Nerd, Nichole, Skandia and K-Terror are you ladies interested in reading The Play by Karina Halle ?

message 24: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1381 comments Krissy wrote: "Elena, I'm interested in:
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1) by Nalini SinghRomancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1) by Tessa DareFinding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

So let me know if you prefer one over the others or 2 or all 3..."

im good for all three - i have them all on audio, so it shouldn't be a problem ;) Are you ok with all 3?!

message 25: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'll probably sit out on The Play because I haven't read The Offer yet. *hangs head in shame*

message 26: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Here are some books that I would like to read in March. Is anyone interested in joining me?

Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop The Pillars of the World (Tir Alainn, #1) by Anne Bishop

message 27: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments And I guess if I'm trying again, I wouldn't mind somebody to read one of these with:

The Cairo Diary by Maxime Chattam The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin Rochester Knockings A Novel of the Fox Sisters by Hubert Haddad The Imposter Bride A Novel by Nancy Richler

Wanna get at least one or two of those read and back to the library soon.

message 28: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments VampAmber, I'll add you and you can join as much or as little as you'd like :)

message 29: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Elena, all 3 it is then!

message 30: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 349 comments Krissy wrote: "VampAmber, I'll add you and you can join as much or as little as you'd like :)"

Schweet! I'll go request it from the library right now. And if you guys like it, maybe in April we could do the sequel, This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It. (rereading books when I have so many unread ones, I should be ashamed. I'm not, but I should be)

message 31: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Totally doable :)

message 32: by Maya (new)

Maya (ferafaces) | 464 comments I've totally got that, so I'm okay with reading it! :)

message 33: by Elena (new)

Elena | 1381 comments Krissy - I will sign us up!

message 34: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments Is it something wrong with my books that nobody is interested in them....
The library in my city is small and they don't have many authors.

message 35: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 662 comments Dami wrote: "If anyone is interested let me know Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard , Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier , Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer , Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie , Stars Above by Marissa Meyer"

Hi Dami,

I am interested in reading Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer . I love this series!

message 36: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Gemma wrote: "Is it something wrong with my books that nobody is interested in them....
The library in my city is small and they don't have many authors."

Bummer, Gemma! For me, I don't have much interest in the books you're selected because I read more romance than anything else, and I read the Dragonlance novel you have listed years ago, before joining Goodreads, and didn't care for it.

However, I do occasionally get the wild hair up my butt and want to read World of Warcraft books, so maybe we can get together for that?

message 37: by Dani (last edited Feb 23, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Dani (sayv) Samantha wrote: "Here are the books I'm wanting to read for March. Most of these are library books that I'm hoping to complete in the first half of March:..."

I'd be up for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Have been planning to reread the whole series sometime soon :)

message 38: by Dami (new)

Dami | 23 comments Ok Jodi I could put us on the final sign up if you want

message 39: by Gemma (last edited Feb 23, 2016 03:47PM) (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments Sorry I don't have it but we can read Dark Lover by J R Ward. I can start reading anytime.

Trea wrote: "Gemma wrote: "Is it something wrong with my books that nobody is interested in them....
The library in my city is small and they don't have many authors."

Bummer, Gemma! For me, I don't have much ..."

message 40: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Gemma wrote: "Sorry I don't have it but we can read Dark Lover by J R Ward. I can start reading anytime.

Trea wrote: "Gemma wrote: "Is it something wrong with my books that nobody is interested in them....
The ..."

March is looking somewhat packed for me right now, so it might be April before I can get to it. Want me to check back with you then on it?

message 41: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments Yeah it's okay with me. I'll add it to currently reading shelf so I won't forget.

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 404 comments Daniela wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Here are the books I'm wanting to read for March. Most of these are library books that I'm hoping to complete in the first half of March:..."

I'd be up for [book:Harry Potter and ..."

Sounds good! There's a small group of us doing a buddy read for the Sorcerer's Stone this month, if you want to join on the bandwagon at the end, that's totally cool :) I'll put you in for the final read for Chamber of Secrets.

message 43: by Dani (new)

Dani (sayv) Sadly I won't have my first 2 volumes until March, so I can't join in on the first one right now. My cousin borrowed them but I'll be getting them back once the semester starts at university so I can meet her to give them back... Which is in March.

message 44: by Skandia (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 435 comments Paris wrote: "I'm looking to read the following next month if anyone would like to join me:
"

I can read The Play by Karina Halle with you!

message 45: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments Would you like us to read The Woods by Harlan Coben?

Krissy wrote: "March possibilities:

Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph FinkThe Witness by Nora RobertsTrail of Broken Wings by Sejal BadaniBloodsucking Fiends A Love Story by Christopher Moore[book..."

message 46: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Gemma, I'll sign us up :)

message 47: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) | 35 comments Nice, thank you.

message 48: by Elena (last edited Feb 24, 2016 05:56AM) (new)

Elena | 1381 comments Oh I have additional two I want to rant about :))
Anyone interested in reading:
Truth (Consequences, #2) by Aleatha Romig and/or Convicted (Consequences, #3) by Aleatha Romig ???
(I will read them both)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to join in for Romancing the Duke . Its one of my all time fave comfort books.

Also Krissy I have booked Me before you from my library . Would you like to read it?

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 24, 2016 06:27AM) (new)

Secrets of a Summer Night
Ink & Lies
Anybody interested in these two?

« previous 1