Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #3)
This topic is about Dark Side of the Moon
Dark Side of the Moon

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Half animal, half man, wholly dangerous.
Locked in eternal battle, a Were-Hunter knows everything about peril and pain. But the greatest threat is yet to come...

Susan Michaels was once the hottest reporter on the Beltway Beat until she walked into a setup that ruined her reputation. Now she's working for a small Seattle paper, penning stories about killer moths and alien babies, convinced that her life couldn't get any worse...

That was before an idea for a breaking news piece brings her to a local animal shelter where she ends up listening to her source rant about vampires and gets coerced into adopting a cat despite her allergies. But when her new pet suddenly reveals himself to be a gorgeous - and lethal - shapeshifter, Susan realizes that there's far more at stake than a career-saving by-line.

Born into a world of predators, Were-Hunter Ravyn Kontis was betrayed by those he loved best. Soulless, pitiless, he has spent three hundred years battling the Diamons who seek to subjugate humankind. And with the ultimate battle about to begin, this one very human woman holds the power to shatter both their worlds...

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

message 3: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Closed till May 1, 2014

message 4: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Because of my error in forgetting to unfreeze the topic, which I thought I did, we will be opening this thread for this month as well as Dream Hunter. :) I apologize for this and hope we can spark some conversation.

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments I LOVE RAVYN!!!! He is hands down my favorite Were-Hunter, and Susan was perfect for him.

I loved the back and forth between them, her allergy to his hair, the sweet moment between Susan and Ash where he almost let someone in.

message 6: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments I liked this book a lot. Aside from Ravyn--who had a lot of funny moments, like when he was tranked and acted very cat-like--and Susan, I truly enjoyed seeing more of the world of the Squires. Oh my goodness, that HUMONGOUS manual that Susan was required to read ... XD

Not to mention, I got to see more of one of my absolute favorite Squires, Otto (or should we say, "Guido the Killer Squire from Jersey"? lol) Plus, we did get to see more of the Addamses, though what happened to Patricia was tragic.

This was also the first book where I realized how malicious the Fates can be, when choosing mates for the Weres. At least, I get the feeling that they mated Ravyn and Susan for malicious giggles, seeing as how poor Susan was allergic to Ravyn's hair. Still, I was glad to see that Ravyn and Susan made it work. =)

I glad we finally got to meet Zoe (who'd been spoken of quite a bit in previous books)--she certainly left a lasting impression, and I wouldn't mind reading her story someday if it ever gets written. =) And the other Dark-Hunters, as well. To be honest, I was surprised to find out that there were so many Dark-Hunters stationed in Seattle (I particularly liked the explanation that the Daimons there, were hopped up on caffeine).

Erica ... as much as I laughed at her sarcasm, I really did want to smack her upside the head a few times. Still, I did find her hilarious.

I could go on and on ... but those are just a few thoughts off the top of my head. =)

message 7: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Plain and simple I totally loved this book for all of what Charlotte had said about! Especially the Ravyn, Zoe, Cael and Amaranda parts.

message 8: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments This was my very first dark hunter book and will always have a very special place in my heart. I picked it up in the airport cause I thought the cover was cool. And then began my obsession with this series. ^_^

This had a whole lot of characters that I couldn't wait to read about again. Ash, Otto, Savitar , and of course the very kick ass Zoe.

I remember this book being mad funny. The allergy to Ravyn was hilarious and the way he acted on whatever drug he was on.

I think the squires was what really got me into this story though. I had already read about kick ass supernatural beings but here it was these beings couldn't necessarily function without humans. Make life easier for them. Lol the squires had a very mob like feel to them. They are just as important as the dark hunters. Loved that

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Everytime I look at my cat (the late one and the current one) I hope that they turn into a gorgeous looking hunk... unfortunately for those poor guys they would have been rendered useless as all my cats get desexed. One cannot keep an unsexed male cat in a house/flat/appartment. ;)

This book was really quite funny and I have read it a few times now. And it was the first time where a lot of side characters got killed.

message 10: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments If they DID turn into hunky men, I don't think they'd be very happy with the fact that they were dickless lol

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Oh Shari, don't you know what happens when animals get desexed? They don't lose the dick, it's the balls they are missing LOL

message 12: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Shows how much I know lol

message 13: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments LMAO, I love you guys. :D

message 14: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments I had a Dum-Dum moment. Lol I feel no shame

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And we love ya all the more for it too.

message 16: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments ^_^

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh and just came to me. That in this book too we finally got to see more of Ash's thought process in regards to how he decides to get involved in affecting other's lives so to speak with his powers. Particularly when he was reading up on Cael.

message 18: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Oh yeah and I loved how when the girl that hit on him, he had the visions of what would happen in her life if he slept with her or not. I thought that was very interesting cause you could see the vast difference

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Indeed and goes to show, that Ash could never been one for a frivolous one night stand. Even if there was no Artie in the picture.

message 20: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments That has got to suck. He couldn't even get laid with dire consequences or something backfiring on him

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Not only that. But being the reason why cancer wasn't cured cause you wanted to spank the creator of the cure instead. Really would suck.

message 22: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments And I forgot to mention about the start of my obsession with the baddest surfer in all the universe. Who else could pull off standing in his wet suit and still have people fear him!? He delivered some of my fav quotes.

"You wanna fuck with Artemis, fuck with Artemis. You wanna fuck with me, make out a will" Lol I honestly didn't know how funny that would be until reading the books before this.

"Just stand there and be awed by my beauty. It's the safest mode around me." Yep, I fell in love

message 23: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Lol hahahaha I'm so sorry but soon as I seen "spank the creator" my mind went south.

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments As it was meant to, Shari. ;)

And heck yea Savitar was beyond amazing ni that wet suit. Was definitely epic.

message 25: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1794 comments Oh yeah, I definitely loved Savitar in this book, wet suit and all. =)

And I still laugh out loud whenever I read Savitar's rant about Ash being tied to a bedpost ...
"Personally, I'd tie the bitch up, muzzle her, and ride her around the bedroom with spurs on, but no one ever asks my opinion, do they?"

Oh, the imagery that comes to mind with that. XD

message 26: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments LMAO! Yes, so true so true. Got to love the way with words these dudes have lol.

message 27: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Hahaha I forgot about that one. Love it