What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's nonfiction picture book about unicorn mythology from 1990s

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Carothers | 1 comments Hello, I'm trying to find a picture book that I used to read in elementary school all the time. It's a nonfiction children's picture book about unicorn mythology and history and it compared different kinds of unicorns from different cultures. I remember the art style being very beautiful and unique. I only remember three pages clearly:

1. One was drawing examples from the Bible and there was something about the Garden of Eden. I believe the illustration was of a unicorn running through flames.

2. Another described Chinese unicorns and the illustration depicted Genghis Khan encountering a green unicorn.

3. The last was about Peter S. Beagle's novel, The Last Unicorn, and had an illustration of the unicorn in battle with the Red Bull.

I read this in the mid- or late 1990s. Internet searches of unicorn picture books has turned up nothing so far (there's so many!). I'd really like to see this book again for the beautiful artwork.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 70 comments Tab wrote: "The Truth About Unicorns The Truth About Unicorns by James Cross Giblin?"

Maybe.......The Unicorn by Nancy Hathaway
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Alyssa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2183 comments If you're still looking for this, another possibility is The Book of the Unicorn.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16838 comments About how many pages was it?