Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading February 22?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2090 comments Mod
This week I'm starting with RoomHate by Penelope Ward, Crow by A. Zavarelli, and Shattered & Scarred by AJ Downey.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments I'll be interested to see what you think of RoomHate. Don't read this next bit if you haven't read it yet. I'm hearing some negativity because (view spoiler) . Tbh that would annoy me too.

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1185 comments I'm all over the place!! I'm busy reading When he was wicked (Julia Quinn) then also an urban fantasy (which includes romance) Tempting Danger (Eileen Wilks) I'm desperately trying to find another series like the Kate Daniel series!! And last but not least I found Flirting with Danger (Suzanne Enoch) a murder mystery mayhem book that I am really enjoying! I need to try one of her historical romance books I think! So any suggestions welcome!!!!!

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Leigh have you read Patricia Briggs?

I'm reading a sports romance, Alex by Sawyer Bennett, listening to Dying to Please by Linda Howard(it's very cool, I'm really enjoing her RS) and trudging through, sloooooowly, Dark Ghost by Christine Feehan(I don't understand why she just doesn't finish it since all of them feel the same, and not in a good way)...

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1185 comments Ooh Aly! Yes!! But I need to re-read them I think as I still have a couple to read in the series!
Have you read the Kate Daniels series? I inhaled them lol

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I'm all over the place!! I'm busy reading When he was wicked (Julia Quinn) then also an urban fantasy (which includes romance) Tempting Danger (Eileen Wilks) I'm desperately trying to find another ..."

I loved Flirting With Danger. I enjoyed it even more when I got to the end and Suzanne admitted that she had Hugh Jackman (if my memory serves me right) in mind for the hero. I enjoyed the whole series.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I was wondering if anyone could help, you are all so good at knowing titles or authors. This was about a highlander who kidnaps a woman and takes her home with him, she is some kind of healer and helps his sister who has limped since childhood. he also suffers pains in his stomach and she cures this also. I want to read the sequel which is the sister's story but cannot for the life of me recall the author or title. Can you help? Thanks a lot.

message 8: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'll be interested to see what you think of RoomHate. Don't read this next bit if you haven't read it yet. I'm hearing some negativity because [spoilers removed] . Tbh that would annoy me too."

Stacey, I'm fixin to start it this afternoon. I didn't read your spoiler, but P Ward is known for angst and I almost always wanna take a baseball bat to her heroes knees, so I won't be surprised if there's something I dislike about this guy right off the bat. lol! I'll let you know what I think about RoomHate.

message 9: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
1. Aly, I also listened to DYING TO PLEASE on audiobook and really enjoyed it that way. The narrator was quite good and old school Linda Howard can't be beat.

2. Marnie, can you tell me what historical period it's from? Medieval? Regency/Victorian?

3. I'm still glomming Kristan Higgins Blue Heron series. I've read them totally out of order, starting with 2, then reading four, then going back to 1, and now I'm on 3 Waiting On You. So far it's not my favorite. Can't tell if I've just read too many KH in a row or I'm just more invested in the Holland family. But I'm nearing the end, so then it's on to the last one, Connor's book! I have high hopes.

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'll be interested to see what you think of RoomHate. Don't read this next bit if you haven't read it yet. I'm hearing some negativity because [spoilers removed] . Tbh that ..."

Waiting with bated breath.... ;)

I'm glad I put it in spoilers then. I had a feeling you could handle angst driven plots. I'm a bit of hit and miss with them myself :-) ♥

message 11: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'll be interested to see what you think of RoomHate. Don't read this next bit if you haven't read it yet. I'm hearing some negativity because [spoilers removed..."

Stacey, I ended up starting RoomHate this morning and finishing the thing this afternoon. I really liked it. There was angst, but Ward wasn't heavy handed about it. As for the spoiler- it didn't bother me one bit. You have to read it to understand why that is. I don't wanna give anything away, but I think you'll enjoy it, too. There was an epilogue so we didn't get left hanging with an "that it?" I feel good giving it 4 star.

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'll be interested to see what you think of RoomHate. Don't read this next bit if you haven't read it yet. I'm hearing some negativity b..."

I'm so glad you liked it. I just thought that the spoiler might be in your face uncomfortable throughout the book. Maybe I'll get around to reading it soon...ish :-)

message 13: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1185 comments Oooh I'm intrigued as to what the spoiler was as I can't see it on my iPhone lol

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Manda, it is medieval and takes place in Scotland. Thanks for your interest.

message 15: by Okie (new)

Stacey, have you read/reviewed by Crow by A. Zavarelli? I stayed up to the wee hours of the night finishing up with that one. LOVED it! I'm not that into mafia books, but I watched a film- John Wick (Keanu Reevea plays a Russian assassin) and now I'm gobbling up mob books as fast as I can. Now I gotta find me others just like Crow. lol!

message 16: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
February has been a low month for new releases for me and so I'm catching up on magazines, nonfiction, rereading some Baloghs,and waiting eagerly for March 1

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey, have you read/reviewed by Crow by A. Zavarelli? I stayed up to the wee hours of the night finishing up with that one. LOVED it! I'm not that into mafia books, but I watched a film- John Wic..."

No I haven't. I've seen it mentioned a few times but I haven't read many mafia books. I'll have to try and squeeze it in :-) ♥

message 18: by Okie (last edited Feb 23, 2016 02:33PM) (new)

Good deal! Let me know what you think of it if you get to it :D

message 19: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I read Eloisa James' new book: My American Duchess by Eloisa James .

It was a bit of a slow start, but picked up speed and interest fast. 4.5 stars.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I was just browsing on Amazon and found the author and books I was looking for, it was Miriam Minger, The O'Byrne series. Thanks.

message 21: by Manda (new)

Marnie wrote: "I was just browsing on Amazon and found the author and books I was looking for, it was Miriam Minger, The O'Byrne series. Thanks."

Great! I was going to suggest you post it to the Romance Novel Sleuth group today, since they are pretty good at knowing stuff. And I struck out in my search for it. Glad you found it.

I'm taking a break from my Kristan Higgins glom so that I don't start noticing things that bug me (which is inevitable with a glom) and am now reading and ARC of Laura Griffin's upcoming book.

message 22: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just picked up WICKED SEXY LIAR by Christina Lauren at the library today. I'll be reading that this week.

message 23: by Manda (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "Just picked up WICKED SEXY LIAR by Christina Lauren at the library today. I'll be reading that this week."

I'll be curious to see what you think. I have a crush on Luke, which is saying something considering...

message 24: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I started Elizabeth Hoyt's latest Maiden Lane series, thought I must have already read it, checked and I must have read the first chapter and thought I'd seen it before. So I'll pick it back up. I got Asa Makepeace's name confused with his brother Winter, which got me off on the wrong foot, I think. Swiss-cheese memory, if any memory at all!

message 25: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1276 comments I just finished a historical short story Nocturne and I really enjoyed it. It's a clean love story, with a little intrigue.

message 26: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Manda wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Just picked up WICKED SEXY LIAR by Christina Lauren at the library today. I'll be reading that this week."

I'll be curious to see what you think. I have a crush on Luke, which is..."

Again, Manda, (LOL) went in to this thinking I'm not really going to like this pairing - not into the whole manwhore thing and everything. And... I loved it. CL really knows how to build characters. Neither one of them was a cliche and their actions and growth make perfect sense to me. And again... I know a Luke - a really nice guy burned when he was younger and decided not to go there again and turned into a player.

How does their Beautiful Bastard series compare to this one?

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm totally sucked into this weeks puzzler - Thank You Manda!

message 28: by Manda (new)

Irish--wasn't it great? I'm glad you lived it too! The Beautiful series is better if you start with the second one, I think. It's more combative and less playful, which is what I like about their writing. Again each story is completely different. Book 2 Beautiful Stranger is just more smoothly written. My personal favorite is Beautiful Player, the third one. The heroine is a geek and the hero is similar to Luke but without the background angst. I think you would like it. Maybe not as much as Wild Seasons, but still good.

Rachel! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

message 29: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1185 comments Haha me too Rachel!!! Read book 1 and now onto the actual puzzler!!