Between the Covers discussion

Tell me about yourself!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,

My name is Alex. I have one daughter, hence I only read when she is taking a nap or late at night. I love to read. I love all the mixed emotions that comes from reading a book. I love to drown myself in that imaginary land to escape reality. Sometimes I just need to escape. I created this group because I don't have many people to talk to about the books I am reading and I absolutely want to have a conversation with someone! haha.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (cupikate) Hello! My name is Katie and I'm a readaholic! I LITERALLY read whenever I can. Driving to work (audio books), on break (paperback or hardcover), and whenever I get scolded at for reading/listening to a book there is always an app on my phone that lets me go incognito. Addiction is a wondrous, yet horrid thing! I joined this site so I could have a "safe place" to discuss my latest reads. So without further ado, here is to you my glorious drug of choice. Let the reading commence!

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Hi my name is Wendy and I am truly addicted to reading also. And I also have a major book buying addiction. I seem to find a book I like on Amazon daily and love prime. I am a mom of two boys and live in upstate NY and love discussing books.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (cupikate) Welcome Wendy! Upstate New York huh? Are you going to BEA and bookcon next year?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Wendy! Welcome to our little group! I hope you enjoy our craziness!

message 6: by Giki (new)

Giki | 64 comments Hi Wendy, Welcome! - What book are you going to start with?

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Katie wrote: "Welcome Wendy! Upstate New York huh? Are you going to BEA and bookcon next year?"

I would love to go but not sure if I will be able to. I think I am going to start with either Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

message 8: by Giki (new)

Giki | 64 comments I really liked The Handmaid's Tale

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri Hi my name is Terri and I'm from Atlanta, Ga. I'm married and have two teens. I love to spend my free time reading although lately i have been indulging in audiobooks. One of my favorite Apocalyptic books is Zero Hour, but it is not the only genre i enjoy. I'm a pretty everyday person just love to read as a entertaining escape.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Terri! Thanks for joining us. I love audiobook too. They keep me sane. Lol

message 11: by Giki (new)

Giki | 64 comments Hi Terri, I love a good apocalypse - when everything gets torn up and all the rules go out the window. I get really annoyed with books sometimes when the hero nicks in just in time and saves the world from an intricately planned disaster.

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie (cupikate) Welcome to the group Terri! I'm a big fan of listening to audio books, especially while following along with a physical copy.

message 13: by Iris (new)

Iris (irismanzano) | 1 comments hi, I'm iris! I love any kind of books but I never say no to a good mystery or murder case. I loooove to do readathons when I have time (usually on Friday or Saturday) and I always prefer a physical book over a digital one. I'm an actress, so everyone it's telling me that I have to read a lot but I'm a bookworm since I was a kid so I don't have any issue with that.
I'm a half Australian but I've never been there (I wish I could go soon) and I think that's all.
if you have any questions, please don't be shy to ask :)