Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

The Office > Attention! Important Announcement!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) | 9321 comments Not only are we going to have a 300th week, but also a 400th, a 500th, and a 1000th week. I'm a WSS lifer and I say that with pride! :)

message 2: by C.P., Windrunner (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 655 comments I'm so excited to be a part of this group. It's not even been a year for me yet, but I've met a lot of great people and my writing has improved so much. So thanks, Al! And thanks to the rest of the members and moderators. This group has helped me so much in these past few months.

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie (naturechild02) | 660 comments You guys inspire me constantly! I have made so many friends here and been introduced to great new authors. Though I can't be around every week, I am with you guys in spirit and cheer you on from the sidelines.
Awesome group!

message 4: by Edward (last edited Feb 21, 2016 05:12PM) (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments I've been here since week 241 (just before Xmas 2014) and haven't missed a week since! This group has really helped me with my writing at a time I needed encouragement. Thank you everyone!

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 90 comments Wow! I obviously haven't been active in this group for long, but I absolutely love it. All you guys are just awesome, and having prompts every week is really inspiring my writing, especially since I'd been going through a major dry spell.

message 6: by Mark (last edited Feb 21, 2016 07:31PM) (new)

Mark (crawdadddy) | 402 comments Started week 228, just a young kid, new onboard, trying to get my sea-legs, writing sappy little love stories. Today I turn 60. Thanks for the support and encouragement. Good job Al, sail on my Captain.

message 7: by Guy (new)

Guy (egajd) | 11107 comments Al, it has been my absolute pleasure to be here, to see so many wonderful writers, some just for a short while, and some for years.

And, as I've said many times before, I believe that a big reason for this place being so wonderful and embracing for so long is the kindness in you that brings out from us the best. Unlike almost every other group I've seen, this one has been kind, encouraging and supportive to all people of all ages and levels of the very difficult English language.

I just checked, and I've been a member for almost exactly 5 years, having joined in Feb 2011. Wow!

And so it is I who thank you for sticking with us through our verbal thicks and thins.

message 8: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) | 9321 comments Happy 60th Birthday, Mark! May you have many more years and many more stories to tell! :)

message 9: by C. J., Cool yet firm like ice (last edited Feb 22, 2016 06:23AM) (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 4263 comments Wow, that is an awesome achievement! As you celebrate a milestone happening at the good ol' ship the WSS, let us say thank you for helping make this Goodreads group great Al.

I joined my first writing contest here in April 2012 and I can proudly say my ability in telling a story has been shaped and improved greatly because of this group. Plus, I'm happy to be a part of it as well!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Russell (gooodreadscomsarah_russell) | 73 comments Newbie here, but your welcome has been warm. As an apprentice pirate, I'm still learning the uh, ropes, but hope to sail with you over all the 7 seas.

message 11: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) | 2869 comments Yikes, I don't even know how long I've been here. I should probably go check.........member since Nov 02, 2009. Holy craperonni.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Garrison wrote: "Not only are we going to have a 300th week, but also a 400th, a 500th, and a 1000th week. I'm a WSS lifer and I say that with pride! :)"

Yes, thank you Garrison :)

message 13: by Francine (new)

Francine Zane ...Please disregard.