Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Max's review of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Max (new)

Max This time my review is on Harry Potter, book one The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter grows up with his awful cousin Dudley, the bully, and his mean Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. He is told that his parents died in a “car crash,” but soon he finds out there are things he doesn’t know. He keeps being sent mysterious messages, but his aunt and uncle keep taking them away before he can read them. The letters start to drive Uncle Vernon nuts and soon the family is loaded in the car and driving away. First they stay in a hotel, but when more mysterious messages show up, they leave and head out to live in a house on a rock in the middle of the ocean.
The night before his birthday, Harry finds it hard to sleep. He is watching the clock and counting down the seconds; five seconds, four, three, two, one. All of a sudden, he hears a giant bang against the door of the house, and then another. When he finds out who is at the door, he is sent on a long and exciting adventure with two new friends Ron and Hermione.
I think one of the themes of this book is that we are sometimes more powerful than we know. This is one of my favorite books yet. I really think everyone would enjoy it. It is funny and exciting. I can’t wait to read the whole series.

Brandi This is more of a summary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone than a review...

Ethan :) I agree with Brandi. A review is more of a thought and your opinion of the story, you don't just simply tell the story, as you were doing.