Perpetual Booknerds discussion

Truthwitch > Thursday: Chapters 17-24 (pg 178-243)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod

message 2: by Bogdana (new)

Bogdana (bogdana_m) | 295 comments Mod
I am very conflicted about this section. On one hand I obviously want Merik to save Iseult, but I understand that docking would endanger his entire nation, and that has to be a tough spot to be in, making a decision like that. Not to mention his evil sister that wants war and doesn't care about lives being lost.

I think the fights between Merik and Safi are hysterical and so are the interactions.

There are so many little pieces of info, crumbs, thrown at us and I just am dying to see how they all fit together. I am super intrigued by the person that invaded Iseult's "dreams" or visions. Also, Merik's aunt i think will have a much bigger part in the story. Then there are the other things from the previous section. SO many little pieces of info. Can't wait to figure it all out!

message 3: by Eve (new)

Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews) (evilous) | 480 comments Mod
I can see both sides but he's more of a dick to her. He knows she would do anything and instead his answer is to suck the air from her lungs, hell no. I'm still mad about that. Also would the contract not be void if she injures herself like if she cut herself on the cuffs or something because they inflicted them on her. I would use that to my advantage, well before all hell broke lose.

I like the aunt. And the sister, is it sad I was thinking just shoot her and be done. All the men who defected are traitors and sentenced to something pirate like since that is what they wished to be.

Also not many points for Merik he is willing to just give her up. Really?