Reads With Friends discussion

Me Before You > SUN 2/28 | Chapter24-Epilogue (328-369)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa White (anovelrendezvous) | 17 comments Well, I sort of devoured this book! What an amazing, heart wrenching, moving story about Lou & Will. By the end of the book I was crying like a baby even though I knew this ending was coming from so early on in the book. That is some excellent writing right there!
A 5 Star read for me :D

message 3: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I finished this book yesterday and it absolutely wrecked me...I haven't read a book like this in a long while and now I know why...I was full on ugly crying...thank god I was home alone when I finished it

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney I started this book early and flew through it. I loved it SO much and have officially been in a reading slump because of it for over a week. I even went straight out and bought After You but anyone who's read the first book knows the second one just can't be the same. This entire story felt so real to me and I missed the characters once I was done. So much so that I listened to the audiobook immediately after finishing the physical book. Me Before You is officially now one of my favorite books and I push it on everyone!

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
I just finished the book! Wow. 5 stars from me as well. I actually didn't cry as much as I thought I would (but I also knew how it ended). But even so, the journey was beautiful and I loved both Will and Lou. They felt so real and genuine in who they were. The moral subject matter is tricky but I though that JoJo Moyes knocked it out of the park and was respectful and fair to both viewpoints. I can't wait to read more of her books!!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I'm glad ya'll loved this book as much as I did when I first read it. I didn't re-read with you guys as this week I will be starting After You. I don't know about you guys but the casting in the movie is PERFECT.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

I'm glad ya'll loved this book as much as I did when I first read it. I didn't re-read with you guys as this week I will be starting After You. I don't know about you guys but the casting in the movie is PERFECT.

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Denney Yes, the casting is incredible! I watched the trailer immediately after finishing the book. I didn't full on cry while reading (I did tear up) but the trailer had me bawling because it was just so perfect. I am REALLY looking forward to the movie!

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (readingwithjessica) Wow!!!! *wipes tears* I just keep reading the letter over and over. Ugh!! All the feels!! Amazing story!! 5 stars!

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa White (anovelrendezvous) | 17 comments Curious as to who has attempted to read After You? I picked it up straight away and I just can't do it :/ I'm just over 120 pages in and I'm going to have to mark it as DNF. Not sure if it's just too soon to dive into this story or if I actually don't like it. I feel very confused!
I am also still really missing Will! The characters became so real to me and I have the worst book hangover now :/

message 11: by Georgina (new)

Georgina | 6 comments Wow just finished this and it's definitely 5 stars for me. I loved both Will and Lou and their relationship. This was an extremely moving book. I knew how it would end after hearing so many times how sad it is but I still cried at the end. Can't wait to see the movie once it is out

message 12: by Lauren (new)

I have "After You" I have yet to read it though

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Colon | 2 comments Just finished reading and rated and wrote a review. I'm so glad I picked this book up. I gave it 5 stars and I will be getting After You later today from Target and I will be taking myself to the theater on June 3rd by myself with a box of tissue to see the movie.

message 14: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (littleprairielibrary) | 78 comments Mod
I just finished reading it and I don't know what to do with myself. I watched the movie trailer and now I'm just lying on my couch because now I'm just like "what is life". I definitely teared up for the last 30 pages. I was kind of thinking Will would decide not to go through with it, but then get sick again and not make it through. But that was probably me just not wanting him to do it. The subject matter in this book is so heavy, and while I don't agree with Will's decision, I think Jojo Moyes did a brilliant job of being very respectful in her portrayal of the situation. I was so invested in the characters; they feel like real people to me. Ugh what is life now?? I'm going to have such a hangover from this.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Wilson | 4 comments This book....I hardly have words!! The characters just came to life and drew me in. I fell in love with them and their story. I cried like a baby at the end. I honestly went through the book thinking, hoping that he wouldn't go through with it. The ending broke my heart. I cannot wait to start the second one. Although I find it hard to believe it can be anywhere near as good without Lou and Will being together.

message 16: by Missy (new)

Missy  (adpibookworm) This book ripped my heart into little pieces. I will say reading this book after my dad passed not to long ago made this book very hard for me to read,but I did think the writing was amazing

message 17: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 3 comments I felt like I was going through the grieving stage like Lou was when she left Will at the airport and thought he was gone the week after, and then her way to the airport and eventually at his bedside. Although I understood why each character came to the decisions they made, it was still heartbreaking to read them going through each step despite their disagreements while being tied by their love/care for the other. I'm recommending the book to all. It's inspired me to do more with my life.

message 18: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Hamilton (mham19) | 22 comments I know Im late, but I just finished. I have been listening to the audio book with my mom and we've both laughed and cried at different parts of this beautiful book. In the last 30 min of the audio book we were both in tears. I absolutely loved it though. I cant wait for the movie to come out:) 5 stars!

message 19: by Jane (new)

Jane (scribblerjane) | 3 comments I finished this book a few weeks back, and I'm still thinking about it.
It's such an inspiration for me. Will is such a motivational character to me.
Doesn't he make you want to live fuller and bigger? I know the sadness is he's dying young, but gosh, I think he's lived in his 33 years more than some people might in a life time.
I want to live big, so even if I die young, there is no regrets.

What are your thoughts on this everyone?

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane (scribblerjane) | 3 comments Lorraine wrote: "I felt like I was going through the grieving stage like Lou was when she left Will at the airport and thought he was gone the week after, and then her way to the airport and eventually at his bedsi..."

Lorrain, I agree you 100%!
Stayed up to finish this book and I remember thinking after: "OK. I'm not going to be able to process this right now. Let me sleep on this."
hahah
I woke up with so much appreciation for this book. It's still such a strong influence me now.

message 21: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine | 1 comments I just finished reading it and I am definitely obsessed with it. I loved it
I loved that it was such a realistic story, loved the characters, love the dialogues.
Everything was on point.
I am so fangirling right now