2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Side topics > Book Hangover

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jld451) | 34 comments I completed Ready Player One several books ago but sadly I can't stop thinking about that book. Looking for books that deliver as well as Ernst Cline did. The book is truly a gem, so rare to find such a treat.

Slugging my way through Follet's trilogy and still looking back, not to stay Follet isn't providing a beauty, but I can't stop thinking about Ready Player One.

Sigh....

message 2: by Regine (new)

Regine O Sounds more like a withdrawl than a hangover ;-)
I loved that book as well and can sympathize with you - it is a fantastic book.
Did you already read the Chaos Walking trilogy? I couldn't stop reading that one as well.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Johansson (dakkster) Whatever you do, stay away from Cline's Armada. Huuuuuuuge disappointment, and I really loved RPO too.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jld451) | 34 comments Thanks Regine, I have added the Chaos Walking trilogy to my TBR. From what I read, it has the potential to fill the void left behind by RPO. Dsytopia was not a genre for me until RPO, now its like a drug.

Thomas, I will note your disappointment with Armada and avoid it for the present. The last thing I want to do is ruin an author that brought so much joy!

message 5: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I'm dreading the moment I'll finish Stars Above,The Lunar Chronicles collection of novellas,because then I'll be really finished with the series and I CAN'T LET GO YET. I'm also still not over This Fractured Light and the entire Starbound trilogy! I need something new and equally exciting to fill the void.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jld451) | 34 comments Currently working through the second book in the trilogy of Chaos Walking and Regine, I can't thank you enough for the suggestion! I am totally hooked :-)

Now I am wondering where I can place these 3 books in the reading challenge?

message 7: by Regine (new)

Regine O Jennifer - I'm so happy that you're enjoying the books! I think they'd fit into the dystopian, books enjoyed by a younger person (it's considered YA), Wild Card or book by a European author categories.

Happy Reading :-)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jld451) | 34 comments Regine, thanks again, now I know where to list these books in the reading challenge.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I don't know if you like horror books, but A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay was amazing. I definitely had a book "hangover"after that one, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Sucked me right in. I felt like I held my breathe through the whole book.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jld451) | 34 comments Melissa wrote: "I don't know if you like horror books, but A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay was amazing. I definitely had a book "hangover"after that one, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Sucked me ri..."

Melissa, Thanks! I will look into Head Full of Ghosts.