Devon Book Club discussion

Looking to 2016 > Author event for WBN

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
Calling all authors. I am contacting as many of you as possible to see whether you might be interested in meeting with myself and Ciara Eastell the CEO of the new Libraries Unlimited mutual on 23/4 to explore opportunities for collaboration.

If you might be available could you let me know?

message 2: by B.A. (new)

B.A. Steadman | 42 comments Hi Ian, sorry to have taken some time to get back to you, been busy. I would like to be involved, please. I was in Sidmouth Library earlier this week setting up an Author event for later in the year. I think the Libraries, now that they have to be run as independent companies are very interested in bringing people in. It would be good to be part of that.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet Few | 6 comments I am interested but have been approached by a local bookshop to be involved in an event there on the day so there may be a conflict.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
B.A. wrote: "Hi Ian, sorry to have taken some time to get back to you, been busy. I would like to be involved, please. I was in Sidmouth Library earlier this week setting up an Author event for later in the yea..."

Thanks B.A. That's great - I'll add you to the growing list. I'm also talking with Sidmouth friends re their festival - lots going on

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
Janet wrote: "I am interested but have been approached by a local bookshop to be involved in an event there on the day so there may be a conflict."

Hi Janet - we may be linking that up with this event anyway - can you message me with details of what you are involved in with the bookshop?

message 6: by B.A. (new)

B.A. Steadman | 42 comments Ian wrote: "B.A. wrote: "Hi Ian, sorry to have taken some time to get back to you, been busy. I would like to be involved, please. I was in Sidmouth Library earlier this week setting up an Author event for lat..."

Sprry, Ian, must withdraw from the 23rd, have been called to Cheltenham for my niece's baby shower and her mother's birthday! I know, too much information, but I have to put family first. I'll be really interested to see how it goes. On another post, and this is entirely my experience so he may be different with your enquiry, I found the owner of the Axminster bookshop to be very reluctant to do anything that involved staying open late or having food, drink and people in his shop. It is a very small venue, to be fair, and his view was that it would cost him more money than he would make - a position I also understand. However, the Library folk are excellent and willing!

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2998 comments Mod
B.A. wrote: "Ian wrote: "B.A. wrote: "Hi Ian, sorry to have taken some time to get back to you, been busy. I would like to be involved, please. I was in Sidmouth Library earlier this week setting up an Author e..."

Noted thanks - we've done it during the day before so no need to stay open late and all other bookshops have done very well and thought it a commercial success. I'll give him a call