2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
A Clash of Kings > A - first 25% / around 178 pages

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments This section covers the following chapters:

Prologue
Arya
Sansa
Tyrion
Bran
Arya
Jon
Catelyn
Tyrion
Arya
Davos
Theon
Daenerys
Jon
Arya
Tyrion

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments How has Arya managed to keep up the pretence that she is a boy? Did you think it would be possible?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Do you feel sorry for Sansa?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Tyrion seems to have a lot of power, do you think he is using it wisely?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Do you think Bran is keeping things under control at Winterfell?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments We have 2 new characters as chapters - Davos and Theon. Any initial thoughts on either?

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Do you think Daenerys made the right decision by travelling in the direction she did?

message 8: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "How has Arya managed to keep up the pretence that she is a boy? Did you think it would be possible?"

I've been wondering about this when reading her chapters and I'm not sure. She choose not to take the bath when she had the possibility. But not going to the toilet in the forrest when people can see you I would expect someone to notice.

message 9: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "Do you feel sorry for Sansa?"

I didn't like her very much in book 1, but I'm starting to like her now. And I feel sorry for her, she made choices that I wouldn't have made but for me where inline with her character. And she is paying the price for that.

message 10: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "Tyrion seems to have a lot of power, do you think he is using it wisely?"

It does look that way, but it is difficult to say at the moment.

message 11: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "We have 2 new characters as chapters - Davos and Theon. Any initial thoughts on either?"

I like Davos, but I have disliked Theon since book 1, although he only had a small part in it. But you know how other people think about him and that might influence my thoughts about him.

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "How has Arya managed to keep up the pretence that she is a boy? Did you think it would be possible?"

I've been wondering about this when reading her chapters and I'm not sure. She c..."

I was amazed that she didn't get caught and confronted by one of the other boys. I was waiting for a major scene when she was found out....

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Do you feel sorry for Sansa?"

I didn't like her very much in book 1, but I'm starting to like her now. And I feel sorry for her, she made choices that I wouldn't have made but for m..."

Yes I agree. I feel really sorry for her and hope someone will rescue her! She is just a little girl really and thought she was in love so did anything for Joff.

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Tyrion seems to have a lot of power, do you think he is using it wisely?"

It does look that way, but it is difficult to say at the moment."

I keep thinking he his going to fall on his sword soon. I like his quick wit and sharp ways.... Although he is a Lannister he is one of my favourite characters and I look forward to his chapters.

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "We have 2 new characters as chapters - Davos and Theon. Any initial thoughts on either?"

I like Davos, but I have disliked Theon since book 1, although he only had a small part in i..."

I have read the next part so I know what happens. Let's just say that a dislike for Theon is justified!

message 16: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Tyrion seems to have a lot of power, do you think he is using it wisely?"

It does look that way, but it is difficult to say at the moment."

I keep thinking he his goi..."

Me too :)

message 17: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "Do you think Bran is keeping things under control at Winterfell?"

I'm rereading so it is hard to answer some questions since I already know what is going to happen.
But looking back at his chapters, at the moment he is just feeling sorry for himself. But that is not strange he is a young boy who suddenly has to deal with a lot.

message 18: by Lieke (new) - added it

Lieke | 83 comments Tracey wrote: "Do you think Daenerys made the right decision by travelling in the direction she did?"

Looking at what and who she would encounter if she had traveled in another direction I think it was the only choice, but it is a hard way.

Angela | 155 comments I still haven't made it too my reread of this book yet. I still plan to.

I think Arya would have found it very difficult to stay hidden as a boy. You would think she would be found out when needing to pee?

Angela | 155 comments Tracey wrote: "Do you feel sorry for Sansa?"

As the series goes on definitely. At this point I started to feel sorry for her. Her view on the world was not reality.

Angela | 155 comments Tracey wrote: "We have 2 new characters as chapters - Davos and Theon. Any initial thoughts on either?"

I enjoy Davos chapters. I always feel like he tells the truth, even if the truth is hard to take or Stannis won't listen to him.

Angela | 155 comments Lieke wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Do you think Daenerys made the right decision by travelling in the direction she did?"

Looking at what and who she would encounter if she had traveled in another direction I think i..."

I agree Lieke, I don't think Daenerys had any other choice but to act as she did.