YA LGBT Books discussion

Old story Challenge nominations > March 2016 Creative Writing - VOTE through March 4

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Feb 29, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments We need pictures once again to inspire us to write as the season changes.

You may post up to three pictures per member. Nominations will close when we have 12 choices, or Feb 28th at midnight.

You may nominate any YA-appropriate image that sparks your imagination and lends itself to an LGBTQIAP story. That could be your favorite romantic pair, but there does not have to be a couple in it - some of our best stories have come from images of objects or locations - a coffee cup with a note, an old house.... Pictures that did not win in the past can be re-nominated. Please no .gifs. If you need to know how to post a picture on the thread, PM me.

You can check the "Boyfriends" and "Girlfriends" and Pride pictures in our "Photos" folder for inspiration too - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Let's get creative and inspire next month's new and wonderful poems, flash fiction and stories.

Nominations are now closed

The poll is posted here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Voting is open through midnight March 4th.

message 2: by Rez (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) | 593 comments

message 3: by Kaje (last edited Feb 23, 2016 07:32PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments Nope - new to me (and very sweet <3 )

message 5: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Ooooh we're collecting again!... where did the last month go!?

okay here's one:

message 6: by Kaje (last edited Feb 24, 2016 07:14AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments That's great too - I'll have to remember to add the couple ones to our "Photos" collection <3

Those green eyes though... (plot bunnies jumping around... aliens...fae...)

message 7: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Kaje wrote: "Those green eyes though... (plot bunnies jumping around... aliens...fae...)"

It's the speckles in the bottom of those eyes that are saying the scales of a dragon shifter.....

message 8: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments Ooooh, yeah K

:D

message 9: by Tony (new)

Tony SeaSkies (seaskies) | 6 comments been voting on these since I joined two years ago, but I always forget to write anything... Maybe submitting an image might help me become inspired lol.

description

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac) (genuinejenn) the green eyes are amazing

message 11: by Tully (new)

Tully Vincent (tully_vincent) | 78 comments

message 12: by Tully (new)

Tully Vincent (tully_vincent) | 78 comments

message 13: by Kaje (last edited Feb 26, 2016 08:59PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments SeaSkies wrote: "been voting on these since I joined two years ago, but I always forget to write anything... Maybe submitting an image might help me become inspired lol.

"

I'm going to try reposting that picture...

Is that right? I hope you are inspired to write sometime.

message 14: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments K-lee Klein suggested this one -

message 15: by Sammy Goode (new)

message 16: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments Nice, Sammy - do you know the artist or just something you liked?

message 17: by Tony (new)

Tony SeaSkies (seaskies) | 6 comments Kaje wrote: "SeaSkies wrote: "been voting on these since I joined two years ago, but I always forget to write anything... Maybe submitting an image might help me become inspired lol.

"
I'm going to try repost..."

Thanks for fixing it, I didn't even realize it went in wrong. (On my end it looked normal, weird...)

message 18: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments That is odd - the HTML can be a problem if the size is specified wrong (if you don't take out the default dimensions in the code under "some html is okay" it gives you a picture 40 wide by 100 high.) I usually put in 400 wide (the max) and take out the height so it is proportionate to the original.

message 19: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments

message 20: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments

message 21: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments Lovely choices <3

Nominations are now closed Poll to come soon.

message 22: by Tony (new)

Tony SeaSkies (seaskies) | 6 comments Im very excited to possibly write for any of these photos <3

message 23: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16662 comments The poll is posted here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Voting is open through midnight March 4th.