Horror Aficionados discussion

Horror Fests and Conventions > BookCon 2014 - May 31st in NYC

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Is anyone else going to be at BookCon? This is their first year. It's part of the much larger BookExpo America but BookCon will be focused on connecting fans with people that have had an impact on pop culture through literature and film...authors/publishers/actors, etc.

http://www.thebookcon.com/Home/

RL Stine, Holly Black, Lemony Snicket, Stan Lee and quite a few others have announced they'll be there.

If you are going, stop by the Valancourt Books table and say hi. :)

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Oh it's times like these that I wish I could just randomally travel to NYC..:/

message 3: by Valancourt Books (last edited May 12, 2014 07:14AM) (new)

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments I'm still hoping that more horror-themed authors/actors will be signed on. The website seems to update almost daily with someone new so there's still time between now and the 31st.

In addition to RL Stine, Holly Black and Lemony Snicket:

Danielle Page (author of Dorothy Must Die)
Deborah Harkness (author of A Discovery of Witches)

It's a start at least.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Wow, why does NYC have to be so far from me? That looked like it was a blast. I go to a movie convention every year that's excellent, but would love to go to something bookish

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments We had a good time. This was the first year so it was a little chaotic and no focus. All 10,000 tickets sold plus there were over 1,000 exhibitors. It was very, very tiring!

Most of the convention ended up being very 'young adult' themed but hopefully next year they will expand to include many more adult novel authors (especially horror!!). We still ended up selling almost all of the books we brought.

There's another convention called ReaderCon that we would like to attend next year. If you're not familiar with that one, check it out!