What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book of short stories one involving a girl living with a witch and warned about a vampire

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Batmanfangirl (last edited Apr 29, 2014 01:39PM) (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments I'm looking for a book of short stories that I believe was fantasy/scifi driven (I could be wrong though) the only vague things I remember is one story involved a young girl living with I witch. I believe the witch didn't want her to leave her home because of a vampire out there. The vampire was in love with her and tries to seduce her into being with him.

I think there might also be a story where the girl lives on the moon or something? I could be mixing bits an pieces up but this is all I remember.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

I'm also fairly certain I read this book in the 90's so it's older.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Moving post to UNSOLVED...

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Was this book for teens or adults?
Remember anything about the cover?
Were the stories all by the same author?

message 4: by Batmanfangirl (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments I am not positive about teen or adult. I want to say young adult because I read it when I was in my teens. I don't remember anything about the cover, and I want to say they were by different authors but I couldn't be 100% sure on that. Sorry, I know I have barely any info. This is definitely a long shot. LOL

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When did you read this?

message 6: by Batmanfangirl (last edited Jan 15, 2015 03:33PM) (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When did you read this?"

I believe I read it in the 90's when I was a teen. There is a small chance I read it when I was 20,21.

It might have been a book of short horror stories, but I remember the stories having a vague fantasy aspect so that's why I'm thinking it was fantasy/scifi.

I only remember that one story because I think the vampire was trying to trick the young girl into following him out of the woods.

Man it's so frustrating because it was so long ago and I only have vague notions about it now.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie (idolon) | 7 comments That sounds like a story I read in a book of Gypsy Folk Tales called The Vampyre, but it's possible that the author of the story you're talking about was inspired by the folk tale.

message 8: by Batmanfangirl (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments Julie wrote: "That sounds like a story I read in a book of Gypsy Folk Tales called The Vampyre, but it's possible that the author of the story you're talking about was inspired by the folk tale."

I'm not sure...I suppose that it's a possible inspiration. Man, I'm never going to find this. :(

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Batmanfangirl--it hasn't been very long since you posted this thread. We've had books/stories found after 5 years. So don't give up--just bump the thread up periodically (30 to 90 days is the usual time frame) and sooner or later someone will recognize your forgotten love.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Batmanfangirl, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Batmanfangirl (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments Still looking. :(

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Batmanfangirl, what was the common theme(s) with these short stories -- e.g., romance with paranormal beings? Was the main character always a female?

message 13: by Batmanfangirl (new)

Batmanfangirl | 11 comments Kris wrote: "Batmanfangirl, what was the common theme(s) with these short stories -- e.g., romance with paranormal beings? Was the main character always a female?"

I honestly can't remember much. I do think they were a bunch of sh short stories and I feel like it was a paranormal aspect but I couldn't say for sure it was romance or if the main character was female. I just remember two stories from there (though I know there were more) the one I've described above and a vague idea that one character might have lived on the moon.

The biggest thing was the girl was basically either an adopted daughter of the witch or the actual daughter and the witch forbid her from going in the forest because she knew of the vampire.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?