Pendergast Task Force discussion

Cabinet of Curiosities > would love to get some advice

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (vottav) | 2 comments I'm 7 into the series but i have a question, I've skipped out of order & i can't decide is it better to read the subgroupings in a row or continue in numerical fashion?
since im finsihing up Fever dream right now should i go to book 2 of the helen series or go back to Dance of death after Brimstone? Does anyone know why they jumped around? Ive never seen anything like this. Ususally in a series you read them in order , no off shoots, i'm hooked and i love pendergast , but in some ways i really don't like the non linear nature of these stories. I can't imagine how they are going to pull off the Helen Reveal , dead / not dead, i mean you have to suspend belief to love this series i think. I do , and i scold myself for loving it so much ! Also does anyone know what's with the strange bunch of audible readers, just when you love a narrator , bamn , another is in its place, that i really don't like ! I'm so glad that i've found this group, because after book club did one, no one else wanted to continue and i have no one to rant/rave with !

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 20 comments I would read them in order, personally. Otherwise you have such severe continuity issues, it isn't preferable.

message 3: by Tiffanie (new)

Tiffanie | 22 comments I would also recommend reading them in order. I know some of them are written as stand alone, however they all flow so well together it just makes one of the best series I have ever read.

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (vottav) | 2 comments thank you , and if i wasn't already hooked I'm listening to Cold Vengence and i almost dropped when the narrator mention my hometown of Fall River , Mass and then said Helen spoke Portuguese ! Looks like someone must have had a road trip thru Mass , I felt so " special " , silly i know but i did !