What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Big Boss! Little Boss!
This topic is about Big Boss! Little Boss!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's picture book about two sisters, from the 70's or 80's [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie Tucker I had it as a kid in the 80's, so it was probably from the late 70's or early 80's. Based on the illustrations I don't think it was any older than that. It was about a big sister and a little sister (both are little girls), and may have been split into two sections, one from the perspective of each sister. I remember that there was a part where the older sister was hurt and the little sister takes care of her and brings her rum raisin ice cream. There is also a part about a lost Mickey Mouse ring. One of the sisters, I think the older one, had pigtails and wore a plaid ruffled shirt. The illustrations were sort of muted, not brightly colored. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments http://www.infibeam.com_www.infibeam....
Big boss little boss by Barbara Bottner.
See link for cover and summary.

Found searching that phrase in quotes "lost Mickey Mouse ring" sister, "picture book".

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments You may need to do a search to find the book cover on that link. Check bookfinder.com, abe.com etc for copies.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod

Katie Tucker Bookel and Lobstergirl, that's it! Thank you so much! I tried so many different searches to find it, with no luck. You have the magic touch! I kept thinking the title was "Big Sis Little Sis", but I knew that wasn't quite right.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Bookel did all the work! Glad it was found for you.