That's Normal's Boozy Book Club discussion

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1)
This topic is about Sweet Filthy Boy
Wild Seasons Series > Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beth (bethorne) | 310 comments Mod
I know I know ... it hasn't come out yet. But as soon as it does, get your hands on Ansel. I mean on IT.

message 2: by Linnea (new) - added it

Linnea (meganlinnea) | 17 comments I am on pins and needles and stalking their instagram for little morsels of the story. I cannot wait.

Tiffany (iamtgar) | 26 comments Mod
Beth I wanna know your thoughts on this one. I read it a couple weeks ago and I heard their BB series is going to end up colliding with the characters in this series. I had mixed feelings on this one.

Stephanie  (sinmotion) | 4 comments Tiffany wrote: "Beth I wanna know your thoughts on this one. I read it a couple weeks ago and I heard their BB series is going to end up colliding with the characters in this series. I had mixed feelings on this one."

Tiffany, I'm in your camp. I'm at 72% and not really impressed. I'm a little bored, on average TBH. The parts that are funny, are so funny and I love them, but....IDK, I'm not really feeling like I'm caught up in love with Ansel, and for Mia, I just have a hard time connecting.

I was hoping this would be as exciting and great as Beautiful Player was, but so far it's just not that trill I was looking/hoping for.

Just saw this from a friend who is reading right now, and it about 20 pages in:

"I am so turned on right now and barely anything is happening."

That's how I felt with this book.

Stephanie wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Beth I wanna know your thoughts on this one. I read it a couple weeks ago and I heard their BB series is going to end up colliding with the characters in this series. I had mixed fe..."

Hey you guys!

I think there is less at stake in this one, but IDK ... I liked that aspect of it. We will talk more about it when we do the hangout, so keep asking questions or talking about what you liked or didn't like!

Stephanie  (sinmotion) | 4 comments Yeah, I'm in the minority, I know. The way your friend feels is the way i felt when I read Beautiful Stranger. I just...I didn't really care for it. I had no flutters or flails, although, I did laugh out loud at the funny bits. I gave it 2 starts. It was just okay for me. I am however looking forward to Harlow and Finn's story.

Kathryn | 62 comments Okay, I liked it. But often how the book ends is really my deciding factor (less so how it all got there) and it was HEA so, yeah. But some of Mia's "character flaws" really bugged me. Specifically, the stuttering. I felt like it was just an afterthought to show that she's not perfect, yada, yada, she doesn't stutter with Ansel, he must be THE ONE! I don't want to offend but it just annoyed me. Maybe if there was this whole arc of it - but the book started with her not stuttering and Can't believe I didn't stutter with Ansel once! to a minor stutter at the party with Perry. I don't know, it just felt off.

I also didn't get her family. Not that her Dad had expectations, just the extremeness of the Dad that we never actually hear from. And her being done with college yet having baby brothers and they all have the same parents? I guess I would have preferred she just have overbearing parents that expected her to go to business school but she got married and went to France instead. And had lots of sexy times.

Kathryn | 62 comments Are the next books about the boys? (My Gilmore Girls self kept wanting to call them Colin and Finn.) This is my first Christina Lauren - each book centers around one guy right? Are they specifically about the boys with Mia's friends or do they branch out to other women?

Courtney | 11 comments I think Christina/Lauren have come a long way since I read the fanfic The Office. Sweet Filthy Boy is just the ultimate summer beach read to me. Just enough smutty, just enough funny.

Louise Bay (louisebay) | 2 comments I loved it. It's beautifully written. It got in my head.
It didn't overtake Beautiful Player as my all time favourite but I did love it.

Louise Bay (louisebay) | 2 comments Kathryn wrote: "Are the next books about the boys? (My Gilmore Girls self kept wanting to call them Colin and Finn.) This is my first Christina Lauren - each book centers around one guy right? Are they specificall..." I don't know about the next two books but yes the previous ones centre around one guy. I really recommend the first three to you. I think they are excellent. L <3

Courtney | 11 comments I especially liked that the story was told from solely Mia's point of view. Unlike their previous series that switched back and forth between the female main character and male character point of views.