Modern Good Reads discussion

Triton (The Aegean Chronicles #1)
This topic is about Triton
Mythological Fiction > Hi Guys I'm Back!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yelle, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yelle Hughes (goodreadscomyellehughes) | 204 comments Mod
Hello, fellow myth lovers. I've been on hiatus because I had a lot of work to do. One of those things was to get my novel published. Now that it's done. I have a question.

What do you think of the old Greek myths being taken out of their ancient environment and placed to live their lives today?

message 2: by John (new)

John | 4 comments I like it. It's always been fertile ground for stories; Richelle Mead began her new series based upon this premise.

message 3: by Yelle, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

John wrote: "I like it. It's always been fertile ground for stories; Richelle Mead began her new series based upon this premise."

I'm not familiar with that person, but I will check her out. The myths have so much material to play with. I, myself would love to see more of it.

message 4: by Larry (new)

Larry Kollar (lkollar) | 20 comments Kelly McCullough has a delightful mashup of Greek myths and cyberpunk, beginning with Webmage. Lots of fun stuff, like how "spell checkers" aren't for catching typos. ;-)

message 5: by Yelle, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Larry wrote: "Kelly McCullough has a delightful mashup of Greek myths and cyberpunk, beginning with Webmage. Lots of fun stuff, like how "spell checkers" aren't for catching typos. ;-)"

Larry, just read the blurb...that's looks really interesting! I love how techy it sounds

message 6: by Reva (last edited Dec 10, 2014 09:36AM) (new)

Reva (revans) | 6 comments You might want to check out The Johnsons. This is/was an Australian TV production set in modern times about the Norse gods. Freya, Odin etc. not sure if it was based on any books or a storyline.