The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Does anyone else think this book series/movie is advertised way too much?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Veronica i love hunger games because it is unique and amazing. i am not against unknown books but on the movie front even popular books flop big time.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the book but the movie did not impress me at all. I think the movie studios rush to capitalize on the few successes of YA books to big screen looking for that same pay off. Not every book should be made or can be made into a satisfying movie.

Veronica Bwen wrote: "I loved the book but the movie did not impress me at all. I think the movie studios rush to capitalize on the few successes of YA books to big screen looking for that same pay off. Not every book s..."

totally agree

message 4: by Lev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lev I don't think this book/movie series is advertised too much because it really was the first big dystopian book in YA literature to bring this genre back and make it big again. So I think it deserves everything its getting because its also a very well made book.

Shannon Rickert This was an awesome series and so far a great movie series!!!!! I would rather books like this constantly be advertised than stuff like fifty shades that was not good at all!! and was only popular because they had the author on tv so much. I recommend this series to all my teens and friends that I know!!!

Iris I didn't like the first movie too much. The second was much better but I have little hope for the third (and fourth! why god why???) movies.

Crazyroosterman Iris wrote: "I didn't like the first movie too much. The second was much better but I have little hope for the third (and fourth! why god why???) movies."

hold on holy hellish second here 4TH THERE MAKING A 4TH MOVIE?!(I knew film studios were greedy but I didn't think they were this greedy!)

Kelly Brigid ♡ Yes. It's too overrated. I went crazy with it for a time; til' I read better books xD

message 9: by A (new) - rated it 3 stars

A Anderson I thought it was fine when I first read the series. Now I think it's becoming a cash cow of some sorts for the ones who are making the movies.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Crosly wrote: "I thought it was fine when I first read the series. Now I think it's becoming a cash cow of some sorts for the ones who are making the movies."

oh wow that is new. i didnt know they were going to make a 4th movie of THG that on there.

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i know there is THG book series, but now they are making the movie as well? how interesting.

brooke1994 I wouldn't say I'm in love with The Hunger Games series (I like it for entertainment). I don't mind the advertising for it *shrugs* word has to get out in some way.