The Testing RP discussion

Dixon Colony > Town Square

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

Ember Skye | 331 comments Mod
Graduation is celebrated here every year.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava jogged through town square, she glanced at each tree and stone, she would graduate here soon. She stopped her run under a tree, she regained her breath looking around, she noticed that many people were probably at work or at home with their families. School was out, she was finally free of the grip history class had on her, even though she tried to understand and enjoy history, it never appealed to her, she could never concentrate on history like she did on science, specifically biology; though the history of past known plants intrigued her.

message 3: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

Alex was riding her bike through town, on her way to the park, when she saw her friend. "Ava!" she called out, slowing down. Avalyn was the one person who could always chase away her worries, make her truly believe that things would be okay.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava turned her head in the direction of the voice.
"Alex!" she called back with a bright smile, she brushed a few strands of hair from her face and casually walked over to her friend. She wondered how Alex felt about the upcoming graduation.

((Will Alex graduate in the same class as Ava?))

message 5: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

((Yeah she will :) All characters made before graduation will graduate this time, so that we'll have as many characters as possible))

Alex smiled, getting off of her bike and leaning it against a tree. She hugged Ava quickly. "How are you doing?"

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava smiled as she hugged Alex back
"I'm alright." she shrugged "How have you been?" Even though Ava hated these simple on the surface conversations there was sincerity in her voice.

message 7: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She shrugged too. "I don't know, I've been okay." That was always her response when she wasn't really alright. She just couldn't ever bring herself to say anything was wrong, or ask for help.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava looked at her friend, they had been there for each other many times, and this graduation will be no different.
"Are you excited to finally be done with school?" She put a big grin on her face and thought about the possibilities, what if one of them was chosen for the Testing and they were separated? Could either of them get through their troubles the same? Ava didn't think that she would.

message 9: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She gave a small smile, nodding. "It's definitely exciting." She was quiet for a moment, then said, "I bet you're going to get chosen." Ava was always incredibly smart, and Alex was sure that Ava would be chosen, and that she would be left behind, alone.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava smiled at Alex's first comment and then froze at the second, she didn't want that, then Alex would be alone.
"If one of us is chosen I hope the other will too." she stated truthfully, she didn't want to leave her friend alone, but she didn't want to be left alone either.
"Multiple graduates are chosen each year, it wouldn't use too many brain cells to choose both of us." she smiled at the thought of their adventure together if they had both been chosen.

message 11: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She smiled back. "Yeah, yeah maybe you're right. " She grabbed her bike, standing next to it. "I was going to the park, do you want to walk with me?"

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments "Sure." Ava stepped closer to her friend, she was ready to walk to the park. She had no worries at this moment, nothing to study for, nothing to work on, her mother had told her to get a job after graduation, but she had time to look for one in the following days.

message 13: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She started walking, holding her bike up next to her. "What do you think will happen if we're chosen?"

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava thought for a moment, trying to recall everything she had heard about the Testing
"We'll be tested on different things, do our best, and if we fail we'll be sent back home or to another colony to work there?" She questioned her own reasoning, but it seemed like that is what would happen if they were to be chosen.

message 15: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She nodded, thinking about that. "Going to a different colony doesn't sound like the worst thing possible."

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava nodded, she could meet new people and see new things. But now that she thinks about it, being selected might mean never seeing her family again; if failed students didn't go back to their own colony of course.
"I would miss Mamma and Emily if I were chosen." she continues walking, she doesn't want to think about her and Alex parting so she thinks about her family.

message 17: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She was quiet for a minute, then said, "I hope I get chosen. I want to get out of here." She had so many unpleasent memories in this colony, and she wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments The silence stretched between them, Ava frowned at the thought of them parting in some way. But Ava understood Alex's need to leave, to some extent at least. Ava sought out more playful conversation.
"Do you think there will be any cute boys there? They must all be smart if they are selected." She smirked, boys weren't her top priority, she would rather study than meet with a boy; but to her, it was an exotic idea, people from other colonies.

message 19: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

She smiled, grateful for the change in subject. "As long as they're smart, I don't really care what they look like."

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 51 comments Ava grinned and agreed with a nod, brains were certainly better than brawn. The park came into view as a light breeze blew past Ava could hear birds chirping cheerfully. The summer would soon come, Dixon Colony would have to enjoy this gorgeous weather while it was upon them.

message 21: by Ember Skye, Your time is almost up (new)

((Let's switch them to the Dixon Park thread))