Goodreads Ireland discussion

Promotions/Events/Etc > $25 amazon gift card or paypal equivalent

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Hi everyone

I am enjoying big success for me lol and want to celebrate. I have hit 803 on amazon.co.uk which is the highest ranking I have held to date. I also have reached 13 on historical fiction. I have started a competition on my facebook page. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join :-) so please feel free to come over to my facebook page and comment. https://www.facebook.com/elliekeatona...
Thanks so much

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations, Ellie. I'd be pretty proud of that charting.

I'm not a Facebooker, though, but I hope you have fun with your promo. :)

message 3: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Thanks so much Declan. I know its peanuts to some people but I feel like a millionaire lol

I am having lot of people share the page but nobody making comments - people must be shy not like us Irish. :-)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Not like us at all, Ellie. Maybe it's the hope of a cash reward that's keeping everyone quiet? They may be trying not to jinx it? :)

message 5: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) lol didnt think of that

I broke the 500 on amazon.co.uk so would have to pay out lol

Still no comments but you cant wipe the smile off my face :-)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Reaching 500 is fantastic, Ellie. Wow! Congratulations, again. :)

message 7: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) oh thanks Jamie that is such a nice thing to say :-)

Yeah I am still so excited. Can you imagine what I would be like if I hit the top 100 lol

:-)

message 8: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (livbet) | 511 comments Ellie wrote: "Thanks so much Declan. I know its peanuts to some people but I feel like a millionaire lol

I am having lot of people share the page but nobody making comments - people must be shy not like us Iris..."

I just liked your page, Ellie, but I did it in a rush and forgot to comment. I bought your book too.

Congratulations on your success with it.

x

message 9: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Isabella wrote: "Ellie wrote: "Thanks so much Declan. I know its peanuts to some people but I feel like a millionaire lol

I am having lot of people share the page but nobody making comments - people must be shy no..."

Thank you so much Isabella. Why dont you go back and comment there is only about six people so you stand a good chance of winning. And thank you so much for buying my book :-)

message 10: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (livbet) | 511 comments Ellie wrote: "Isabella wrote: "Ellie wrote: "Thanks so much Declan. I know its peanuts to some people but I feel like a millionaire lol

I am having lot of people share the page but nobody making comments - peop..."

I did, Ellie.

I didn't even realise there was a prize. I'm on another planet lately.

message 11: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Lol you are not the only one.

I did it and now I owe the prize so have to put the names into a hat and pick out the winner. Going to get a girl on facebook to do it for me so that its completely impartial.

Thanks for the support Isabella :-)

ps I sold 103 books today on amazon.co.uk and its only 9pm. I am starting to believe that this could work for me. Ok I only earn 30p per book but imagine 100 people actually wanted to buy my work and one lady even put a review up saying she wanted a sequel. I am so pleased I cannot put words on how I feel.

pps hope you dont think I'm bragging.

message 12: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (livbet) | 511 comments You're not bragging, Ellie - you have every right to be proud, and sharing good news with friends is normal.

x

message 13: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) thanks Isabella :-)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be a sad world if people couldn't celebrate their successes, Ellie. You've earned it.

message 15: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (livbet) | 511 comments Apart from anything else, it's so encouraging to hear of someone doing well.

message 16: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Thanks Declan :-)

Isabella - a good friend of mine is doing $30k a month on kindle from his books. He has been giving me a kick lately - I used to write for his websites a few years ago. You just need to believe you can do it. Really believe :-) I watch this every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzhzk...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I never saw this post, Ellie, so I missed the clip. It was very good.

message 18: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Thanks Declan :-)