Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1) Monster in His Eyes discussion

Monster in His Eyes - BUDDY READ starting saturday (3rd May)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2014 06:36AM) (new)

JOIN US! <3

what do we say to spoilers?

-Use spoiler tags. -

La-Lionne Nice, we have a thread :).

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa™ wrote: "Damn it! I should have waited. You guys are really gonna enjoy this one."

Thanks! happy you loved it! <3

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

La-Lionne wrote: "Nice, we have a thread :)."

:D yes chica

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ Hello hello... a BR for this beauty I see? I ADORED Sempre (Forever, #1) by J.M. Darhower and I had this one lined right up! If you'll have me, I'd love to BR this one with you all! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Camaro wrote: "Hello hello... a BR for this beauty I see? I ADORED Sempre (Forever, #1) by J.M. Darhower and I had this one lined right up! If you'll have me, I'd love to BR this one with you all! :)"

Of course! feel free to join us next saturday <3

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2014 11:57AM) (new)

Lisa™ wrote: "Ladies, I am seriously considering reading "Sempre". Tell me, was it all that and a milkshake? :)"

:D Hi Lisa! I really liked it at the time, it was one of the first mafia/slaves book I've read, really unique and the writing was really good too, overall a very good read. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to give it a try. <3

La-Lionne It's not a threesome anymore, looks more like a BR orgy :-D. Me like!

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ Lisa™ wrote: "Ladies, I am seriously considering reading "Sempre". Tell me, was it all that and a milkshake? :)"

Lisa... Ana is right in saying how good it is! IIRC, the characters are still young, as in high school age, but this story is really different to any other YA. There's a big modern day slavery theme going on, and a big mafia angle as well. Carmine is a Mafia Prince. It was just so beautiful to witness his fall for the heroine from the moment she's brought over to the household. It's actually one of my favorite books, ever! Highly recommended.

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ Ana Rita wrote: "Camaro wrote: "Hello hello... a BR for this beauty I see? I ADORED Sempre (Forever, #1) by J.M. Darhower and I had this one lined right up! If you'll have me, I'd love to BR this one with you all! :)"

Of c..."

AWESOME!! :D And did somebody say orgy? I knew I'd arrived to the right place ;)

La-Lionne Lisa™ wrote: "I'm reallllly looking forward to it. I've been in a book slump lately. :(

After a while, I've become bored, as I keep reading about the same gorgeous bazillionaire musician/ceo/owner of just about..."

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I've just finished one just like it :).

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2014 01:30PM) (new)

Lisa™ wrote: "I'm reallllly looking forward to it. I've been in a book slump lately. :(

After a while, I've become bored, as I keep reading about the same gorgeous bazillionaire musician/ceo/owner of just about..."

LOL I know what you mean, I feel like I'm about to break some DNF record :P Hope you love Sempre! <3

message 13: by Cam *tactile seeker* (last edited Apr 30, 2014 12:05AM) (new) - added it

Cam *tactile seeker* Ugh, I had somewhat missed this thread.
Cool, we have our own space where to post comments.

Dulce, please join us, it'd be so cool with you here! I'm sure you'd love the story, since you read "Sempre". :)

Orgy it is, girls. I've never taken part to one, so please be gentle with me. ;P

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ @Cam, thank you so much babe. I'm stoked for this one. Orgy virgin here too but I'll try and learn fast :P

Katie OOOOO, this was such a goodie!

Jacqueline So are we allowed to talk about Monster in His Eyes on this page? I hate spoilers so dont want to discuss it in detail if this is a spoiler free thread. I finished the book last night - I couldn't put it down. I dont think I am going to last waiting for Book 2. I kept on guessing all these scenarios and every page I turned, I was blown away! Would love to discuss further.

La-Lionne Ana Rita, would you be so kind and warn about the spoilers in the thread title? I want to be able to discuss book freely. Also, poor souls who'll stumble on this thread should know what is up :).

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

La-Lionne wrote: "Ana Rita, would you be so kind and warn about the spoilers in the thread title? I want to be able to discuss book freely. Also, poor souls who'll stumble on this thread should know what is up :)."

Yes, Jur Jur :P Done!

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 03:18AM) (new)

Jacqueline wrote: "So are we allowed to talk about Monster in His Eyes on this page? I hate spoilers so dont want to discuss it in detail if this is a spoiler free thread. I finished the book last night - I couldn'..."

Hi Jacqueline, I'm glad you loved the book and yes this is a spoiler-free thread. The BR will only start on saturday. If you want to discuss the book using spoilers I suggest you open another thread and maybe we can all discuss it there when we finish it. Thank you for understanding <3

La-Lionne Good. Thank you, babe. Can we use spoiler tags though?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

La-Lionne wrote: "Good. Thank you, babe. Can we use spoiler tags though?"

LOL of course, I wrote it up there.

message 22: by Jacqueline (last edited May 01, 2014 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacqueline Sounds good. It will be great to discuss it in a safe spot! It was very different to Sempre and Sempre Redemption, but it gripped me in the same way, I couldn't put it down.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacqueline wrote: "Sounds good. It will be great to discuss it in a safe spot! It was very different to Sempre and Sempre Redemption, but it gripped me in the same way, I couldn't put it down."

Awesome :D

La-Lionne I loved the epilogue, I'm very intrigued :).

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

La-Lionne wrote: "I loved the epilogue, I'm very intrigued :)."

<3 just going to walk my dogs and then i'm on it! Enjoy!

Cam *tactile seeker* I've started girls... 2% and I have a bad feeling.
I'm not sure I'm going to like this.

La-Lionne CamillaLilla wrote: "I've started girls... 2% and I have a bad feeling.
I'm not sure I'm going to like this."

What? Why not? I hope it will turn around for you :-S. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

What is it? Did you stumbled on some crappy italian :)?

Cam *tactile seeker* LOL, Not yet, honey.

The fact that she complains about him being violent and not being able to run away. It makes me nervous, I always think people have a choice, if she stays, then she wants it and she better explain why.

La-Lionne CamillaLilla wrote: "LOL, Not yet, honey.

The fact that she complains about him being violent and not being able to run away. It makes me nervous, I always think people have a choice, if she stays, then she wants it a..."

It was only an epilogue. The story starts from the very beginning.
If that's what you're talking about :).

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ 5% in girls. So far so good, although that whole 80s party thing is making me feel so old. Specifically the fact that these girls weren't even born during that decade. Yikes. I was only a little kid during the 80s but I existed already.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my, I'm starting now, dinner got in the way <3

La-Lionne Camaro wrote: "5% in girls. So far so good, although that whole 80s party thing is making me feel so old. Specifically the fact that these girls weren't even born during that decade. Yikes. I was only a little ki..."

Hahahaha, you and me both, Camaro :). It sounded like 80's happened ages ago :-S.

La-Lionne Ana Rita wrote: "Oh my, I'm starting now, dinner got in the way <3"

Eat up and get going :-).

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ La-Lionne wrote: "Camaro wrote: "5% in girls. So far so good, although that whole 80s party thing is making me feel so old. Specifically the fact that these girls weren't even born during that decade. Yikes. I was ..."

I know right? I'm like... hey, New Kids on the Block! I used to listen to that in 5th grade LOL

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ Lisa™ wrote: "Camaro, I was born in 1980!!! I definitely felt really old when reading that portion of the book."

Lisa, 1981 here so we're right around the same time. I guess it really is 2014, huh. One day you're graduating high school, the next you're hovering beyond the 30s mark!

Cam *tactile seeker* La-Lionne wrote: "CamillaLilla wrote: "LOL, Not yet, honey.

The fact that she complains about him being violent and not being able to run away. It makes me nervous, I always think people have a choice, if she stays..."

I know, that's what scares me! I don't want him to be just a controlling, violent asshole.

Cam *tactile seeker* Lisa™ wrote: "Camilla, give it a chance. :)"

I will Lisa, thank you. :)

message 38: by Cam *tactile seeker* (last edited May 03, 2014 01:28PM) (new) - added it

Cam *tactile seeker* @La-Lionne @Camaro @Lisa: Same here, girls. I felt so old when I read that stuff. It's like there aren't characters born in the 80's anymore. Depressing, considered I used to feel so cool with my '86 year.

La-Lionne CamillaLilla wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "CamillaLilla wrote: "LOL, Not yet, honey.

The fact that she complains about him being violent and not being able to run away. It makes me nervous, I always think people have a ch..."

I understand your worries. I went in without any expectations. I haven't gotten very long, but from the info I've read about male MC, he has to be, if not controlling, in control. Not necessary over her, but over his surroundings. But I could be wrong, I'm getting ahead of myself :). I already have all sorts of theories about him :-D.

La-Lionne And one other thing - I like the age difference between them :).

Cam *tactile seeker* La-Lionne wrote: "CamillaLilla wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "CamillaLilla wrote: "LOL, Not yet, honey.

The fact that she complains about him being violent and not being able to run away. It makes me nervous, I always t..."

I like it, you always have all sorts of theories at the beginning, I love how your brain works to try to understand everything as soon as possible. :)

Cam *tactile seeker* La-Lionne wrote: "And one other thing - I like the age difference between them :)."

Me too. I always like age difference, it makes everything sexier. And I mean it also when a woman is older than her lover.

La-Lionne Lisa™ wrote: "Camaro, girl ... pleasssseeee!!! Although, I do have to say I am digging my30's.

Ladies, I hope you really enjoy the book as much as I did!!"

So far so good, Lisa :).

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ 15% oh hell, things heating up. I half want to slap this chick for being so reckless but I was a bit reckless at that age too, and Naz is definitely swoon worthy. The age difference just makes thing so much hotter for me.

La-Lionne... my head is bursting with theories too. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what this guy does for a living... Vitale sends his regards...

La-Lionne Camaro wrote: "15% oh hell, things heating up. I half want to slap this chick for being so reckless but I was a bit reckless at that age too, and Naz is definitely swoon worthy. The age difference just makes thin..."

I'm at 25%.
I could be talking out of my ass, but my theory is that (view spoiler)

message 46: by ★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ (last edited May 03, 2014 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ La-Lionne wrote: "Camaro wrote: "15% oh hell, things heating up. I half want to slap this chick for being so reckless but I was a bit reckless at that age too, and Naz is definitely swoon worthy. The age difference..."

That idea crossed my mind for a bit as well. Also (view spoiler)

20% taking a bit of a break to have dinner.

La-Lionne Camaro wrote: "La-Lionne wrote: "Camaro wrote: "15% oh hell, things heating up. I half want to slap this chick for being so reckless but I was a bit reckless at that age too, and Naz is definitely swoon worthy. ..."

Very interesting. You might be onto something here :).

message 48: by Mx3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mx3 I'ge read it and loved it and I have a feeling you are all going to do.......

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2014 05:15PM) (new)

Hi girls, I'm glad you're both enjoying it but I have to say that so far I'm not impressed. Karissa is too weak/sheltered/clueless, typical NA MC. I feel like this story has been done over and over again in this genre but I'll keep reading.
<3

★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~ Ana Rita wrote: "Hi girls, I'm glad you're both enjoying it but I have to say that so far I'm not impressed. Karissa is too weak/sheltered/clueless, typical NA MC. I feel like this story has been done over and over..."

Ana Rita, at 30% I'm not so sure I'm as optimistic as I was earlier. This heroine is TSTL. I get she's young but seriously, when did that mean you leave all manner of common sense behind? Mysterious guy with loads of cash shows up out of thin air, boinks you senseless, refuses to talk about what he does for a living, in fact you know NOTHING about him and no alarms go off in your head? You just say yes to everything? (view spoiler). I hope this picks up pronto.

« previous 1