What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

His Boardroom Mistress
This topic is about His Boardroom Mistress
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Harlequin 2000s secretary gets makeover, starts affair with boss, travels with his mom [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn (last edited Apr 29, 2014 12:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Autumn (autumnjg) | 11 comments This is a Harlequin romance, I believe it was a "Presents." I cannot remember the names of the main characters :( It is set in Australia. The heroine gets a makeover, including dyeing her hair red, and she wears a green pencil skirt, I believe. Her boss doesn't recognize her at first. I can't remember why she got a makeover, but it may have been because of a break-up. She has an affair with her boss. When his mom's travel companion gets ill right before they are to go on a Quantas tour of Asia, he asks the heroine to go with his mom in the friend's place. He buys his secretary a whole new wardrobe for the trip. She tries to buy gently used clothes and he gets upset and buys her brand new expensive outfits. He has her model them for him in the stores. He misses her while she is traveling with his mom, so he flies out to join them at some point.

Autumn (autumnjg) | 11 comments Britney wrote: "The Bridal Bargain?" Nope, but thanks!

Autumn (autumnjg) | 11 comments Britney wrote: "The Honeymoon Contract?" nope, but thanks!

message 6: by Brenda (last edited Apr 29, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Brenda | 147 comments The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss?

But I think they become snowbound in Scotland.

Autumn (autumnjg) | 11 comments Brenda wrote: "The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss?

But I think they become snowbound in Scotland."
nope, thanks though. Shortly after they start their affair, she goes on the trip with his mom to Asia as part of a Quantas tour, and he misses her and goes to meet them somewhere during their trip. But the boss and secretary aren't traveling together. Also, it was not part of a series (ie like the King book series suggested above). It was a stand-alone story. I can't remember the title or the author or even the characters' names - which makes the whole search process very difficult!

Autumn (autumnjg) | 11 comments Amber wrote: "His Boardroom Mistress by Emma Darcy?" OH MY GOODNESS!!! Yes, that is it! Thanks soooooo much :)

message 10: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1259 comments Autumn wrote: "Amber wrote: "His Boardroom Mistress by Emma Darcy?" OH MY GOODNESS!!! Yes, that is it! Thanks soooooo much :)"

You're very welcome. I was just guessing on that book. Glad it was the right one.