2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2014 > Pria's 2014 50 Book Challenge!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pria (last edited Apr 28, 2014 11:47PM) (new)

Pria Alston This is the first time I've challenged myself to read a certain amount of books. I love to read and when I was unemployed I decided to cheer myself up by reading. The challenge is to continue reading while working.

I usually like reading mysteries and naughty erotica books but honestly I'll read just about anything. I've been debating on trying a specific challenge and/or expanding how many books I read.

message 2: by Pria (last edited May 11, 2014 11:34PM) (new)

Pria Alston 1. The Siren by Tiffany Reiz
2. Whatever It Takes by Gwynne Forster
3. Sex on the Beach Book Club by Jennifer Apodaca
4. Dating Can Be Murder by Jennifer Apodaca
5. Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun
6. Destiny Calls
7. Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed?: A Wicked Women Whodunit Anthology by Gemma Bruce
8. The Newlyweds by Nell Freudenberger
9. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
10. Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou

message 4: by Pria (last edited May 11, 2014 11:24PM) (new)

Pria Alston 21. TouchStone for giving by Sydney Jamesson(Another trilogy. I'm getting sick of them. Especially when I have to wait for the 3rd book)
22. TouchStone for play(I will say this is the one series that actually lives up to the better than FSOG hype)
23. Wicked Beat

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Welcome to the group Pria!

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments pria... if they were 3 full books on #18 go ahead and count them as 3!!! that's what I would do.

message 7: by Pria (new)

Pria Alston Alison wrote: "pria... if they were 3 full books on #18 go ahead and count them as 3!!! that's what I would do."

Thank you! I just might!

message 8: by Pria (new)

Pria Alston Adriana wrote: "Welcome to the group Pria!"

Thank you!

message 9: by Pria (last edited May 11, 2014 11:35PM) (new)

Pria Alston So I went a little Silvia Day crazy and binged on her books. She has such a way with words that it draws you into anything she is writing.

24. Pleasures of the Night
25. Blood and Roses (Kinda short)
26. Wish List (Short)
27. Seven Years to Sin
28. Reflected in You (Book 2 of the Cross Series. I'm so over trilogies yet I keep reading them!)
29. Entwined with You (Book 3 of the Cross series. I'm almost mad that there is going to be a book 4. I want to know what is going to happen)

message 10: by Pria (last edited May 11, 2014 11:36PM) (new)

Pria Alston YESSSS I've made it to #30!!! Ok I always hear people rant and rave about Sophie Kinsella. The first book I read #13 Wedding Night left me extremely disappointed. However I liked the premise of this book and I'm glad I read it. It was funny, light, and intriguing.

30. I've Got Your Number

message 11: by Pria (last edited May 11, 2014 11:39PM) (new)

Pria Alston this was only a two star book

31. Wanted by J. Kenner

message 12: by Pria (last edited Jun 07, 2014 03:08PM) (new)

Pria Alston I see myself devouring this series quickly.

32. Divergent by Veronica Roth
33. Insurgent
34. Allegiant (By the time I got to this book I was "over" this series.

message 13: by Pria (new)

Pria Alston I went on a YA reading binge: I teach middle school so I like to know what they are interested in and reading.

35. Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
36. Skating Sensation by Rachel Renée Russell
37. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (I like many people fell in love with this book.)

message 14: by Pria (new)

Pria Alston 38. The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg (I'm giving Janet another chance. The number books have become trite)

39. Scandalous Liaisons by Sylvia Day (I'm just in love with her writing [see books 24-29])