YOUNG ADULT BOOKWORMS ツ discussion

Stand Alones > Enders game

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is about enders game and the two other books in the series .

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris W Ender's game was awesome. And Speaker for the Dead was also awesome in a different way.

message 3: by Alana (new)

Alana Munn | 1 comments Christian wrote: "Ender's game was awesome. And Speaker for the Dead was also awesome in a different way."

what are these books about? I need new books to read and if you could get back to me thatd be great!

message 4: by Mya Lilly ❊ (new)

Mya Lilly ❊ (goodreadscommyaaa) | 10 comments Hey,
I have seen the movie 'Ender's Games' but I'm not sure if I would like the book?

Any suggestions? :)

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris W Mya wrote: "Hey,
I have seen the movie 'Ender's Games' but I'm not sure if I would like the book?

Any suggestions? :)"

Okay the movie and the book are incredibly different. The book has so much more depth. If you liked the movie then you'll love the book. Honestly, I thought the movie was extremely meh because the book is so much better.

message 6: by Mya Lilly ❊ (new)

Mya Lilly ❊ (goodreadscommyaaa) | 10 comments Thanks Christian!
I will look into it, thanks
:)

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris W Alana wrote: "Christian wrote: "Ender's game was awesome. And Speaker for the Dead was also awesome in a different way."

what are these books about? I need new books to read and if you could get back to me tha..."

Ender's Game is a science Fiction book. There's been a war with an Alien Invasion and so there's this Battle School in space where kids train and they have these training rooms to practice battles in zero-g.

This book is about Ender who is extremely intelligent and has to go to battle school.

If you have any questions ask, I didn't fully explain the book.

Movie explanation:
Young Ender Wiggin is recruited by the International Military to lead the fight against the Formics, a genocidal alien race which nearly annihilated the human race in a previous invasion.

That explains the book better.

message 8: by Eve (new)

Eve (arweneve) I neeeeeds to read this :D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to read Speaker for the dead. My dad introduced the first book to me and he has the second somewhere. Me need!

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 75 comments Someone please help me understand the end of this book. I mean, I get it and all, but I felt like the ending was a let down. I LOVED the beginning of this book and the Battle School scenes, but once it got to Eros it went all down hill for me. And then the ending bothered me so much and I wanted to like it, but I couldn't. All in all, the ending just really bothered me.

message 11: by Abbey (new)

Abbey Hi Valerie, I can understand feeling let down at the end of Ender's Game. I felt disappointed as well. My disappointment came from a different source; I was wanting more of a resolution without having to continue on in the series. I'm not sure if it is the same with you, as you said you lost interest earlier on in the book.

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 75 comments Yeah, I think that's what it was for me too.

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 75 comments Just wondering, is there a fandom name for this series?