Support and Advice Group discussion

School Tips > What to do to relieve stress...

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments I know there probably seem to be many ways to relieve stress... but my parents are like strict. Back up a little, it's nearly the AP exams so my parents forced me to study like 24/7. I know it's good for me and I should... but it just gets so tiring after a few hours. I told my parents and they were just like: oh well you spend some extra time studying now, it will all payback in the end. I get it... but what can I do to relieve a little stress... I don't know its so ugh. So yeah, I can't go hang out w/ friends, no video games (not that I play any), no outside reading (well okay I read anyway just cuz I can't concentrate for hours)... any suggestions guys...? I really don't know.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What helps me is I go outside and run a few miles, just to get my blood pumping again. Just like five or six miles and then I generally am able to concentrate again.

message 3: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments that sounds good I will give it a try thanks lol

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeh excercising helps with stress, maybe punching something like pillows, or listening to music

message 5: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments lol thanks pillows xD is it only me or do other ppl some time get distracted while listening to music too?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeh sometimes but it's just a little break... And pillows is better than what I use when I'm mad

message 7: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments thanks! :) It's just that sometimes I listen to music while I'm studying... lol not exactly a good habit.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too... Not my best idea

message 9: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments amy wrote: "thanks! :) It's just that sometimes I listen to music while I'm studying... lol not exactly a good habit."

Same here, I do it all the time.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Or listen to Lindsey Stirling. She's awesome!

message 11: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments Erza {Don't ever judge anyone. You don't know their story and what's really going on.} Scarlet wrote: "Or listen to Lindsey Stirling. She's awesome!"

I don't believe I know who she is....but I love Christina Perri, her new song called human is amazing and Ellie Goulding dead in the water (song from divergent) I just love it so much.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll post a link for one of her songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcms5...

message 13: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments Erza {Don't ever judge anyone. You don't know their story and what's really going on.} Scarlet wrote: "I'll post a link for one of her songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcms5..."

Oh thanks.

message 14: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments Have you heard of the songs that I mentioned? @Ezra

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

She's every orky dork's dream!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Marianna wrote: "Have you heard of the songs that I mentioned? @Ezra"

Nope.

message 17: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments Well, you should listen to them they are amazing. :D

message 18: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments lol awesome I will try those amazing songs later too :D
Um is anyone here a Taylor Swift fan... (other than me that is... so if you really reaaaaally don't like her... sorry...)

message 19: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments I like Taylor Swift I think she is alright, I do listen to her songs though. Great talent, and very pretty too. :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Swift is just okay. She sings about love too much though...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked her older songs like love story and mean and ours but I don't really care for the new ones

message 22: by amy (last edited Apr 29, 2014 05:56PM) (new)

amy y | 13 comments what's your fav song by her? :D? I really like Enchanted, Cold As You, The Moment I Knew and Firefly (it's an unreleased one, which she wrote and sang when she was 13 (?) I think... )

message 23: by amy (new)

amy y | 13 comments Erza {Don't ever judge anyone. You don't know their story and what's really going on.} Scarlet wrote: "Swift is just okay. She sings about love too much though..."

Lol that I agree too xD

message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara Campbell (admiralawesome) | 1 comments Listening to music while studying is actually a great study habit! I'm serious. Your brain will create a connection between the song and the material you are studying. So during your test, if you're stuck, just think about the songs you were listening to when you were studying.

message 25: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne | 100 comments amy wrote: "what's your fav song by her? :D? I really like Enchanted, Cold As You, The Moment I Knew and Firefly (it's an unreleased one, which she wrote and sang when she was 13 (?) I think... )"

I like her album 22, and some of her old songs too like love story and you belong with me.