Indie Author Network discussion

Welcome Message > Welcome To Author Book Marketing Forum

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mayowa (last edited Apr 28, 2014 09:29PM) (new)

Mayowa Ajisafe (mayowaajisafe) | 35 comments Mod
Welcome To Author Book Marketing Forum!

The Place to be for authors to share ideas, ways and strategies to make and promote books together in a heart to heart way.

But before anything, let me say a big thank you to you for joining this group with a Free Copy Of Facebook Marketing For Authors : How To Use Facebook Ads To Sell Books .

You can also take advantage of my Free Facebook And Goodreads Book Marketing Consulting Session

With this free consulting session, we will schedule a time to virtually sit down with you to discuss your book marketing goals and create the right workable book marketing plans for your book using the power of Goodreads and Facebook Marketing which have got me and many of my author friends amazing results.

On this note, let me give a glimpse of what is in for you as a member of this group:

- Useful book marketing and promotion ideas, tips, articles and post from time to time – you’ve got loads of these at Authors Crib Website already

- Useful and helpful interviews with successful authors discussing their author journey and lesson learned. You can take a trip here to read my previous interview with the like of Hugh Howey, Steven Lewis, Stephanie J. Hale, Brian Cormack Carr, Stephanie Chandler, Rachel Abbott, Trevor Young, Polly Courtney and others.

- Free reports and case studies about various book marketing ideas and strategies. You will love my Free How To Sell Book With Facebook Ads Book.

- A weekly roundup of some mind blowing book marketing posts and articles across popular blogs across the web. You can have a glimpse of what I’m talking about here

- Free Facebook And Goodreads Book Marketing Consulting Session where I can discuss and create the right workable book marketing plan for your book.

Thanks so much once again for joining me here and expect my message once in a while when I’ve got something great and useful to share with you in your inbox and also kindly take time to participate in the discussions that will be going on in the group from time to time and if you have any question or will like to contact me for one thing or the other, feel free to send me a mail at Mayowa@AuthorsCrib.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible – that’s a promise.

Cheers!

Mayowa

AuthorsCrib.com

Mayowa@AuthorsCrib.com

message 2: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) Mayowa wrote: "Welcome To Author Book Marketing Forum!

The Place to be for authors to share ideas, ways and strategies to make and promote books together in a heart to heart way.

But before anything, let me sa..."

Thank you so much, Mayowa. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

message 3: by Mayowa (last edited Apr 29, 2014 05:05AM) (new)

Thanks Lilian for joining and I promise the best in days to come and I will love for you to invite your author friends here on Goodreads to join the group.

Cheers!

Mayowa

message 4: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) I will do, Mayowa.
Cheers!

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie  (nataliemeow) Thanks for the invite!

message 6: by James (new)

James McCormick | 9 comments Hi everyone (and Lilian, Natalie above :-)

Mayowa, thanks so much for starting this group up.

I'd like to ask what your experiences are of twitter and facebook as socal media/ promoting your works.
I'm getting a little cynical at the moment- it seems that what is happening is a lot of the time authors are simple hurling their promos at one another, and everyone is passively forwarding or retweeting each other's promos, swapping likes etc... but that is all that is happening

I'm quite new to social media and very naive but I feel fatigued with this already. Sorry to sound negative or critical, it's just that it seems to be making no difference to sales of books

I'm not here to upset anyone and am usualy quite a positive person- I would just like to know what other writers think, and what you believe is the best way to promote your work. I really need some advice

all th best

James

message 7: by Mayowa (new)

James A wrote: "Hi everyone (and Lilian, Natalie above :-)

Mayowa, thanks so much for starting this group up.

I'd like to ask what your experiences are of twitter and facebook as socal media/ promoting your wor..."

Thanks James for your question and sorry it’s a bit late like this.

Hope you won’t mind my style of answering your questions in a story styled format.

I started my writing journey some years ago and despite I knew nothing about book marketing, I keep searching for the right information and knowledge to give me an edge to get my books into the hands of my target book audience.

I started with Twitter and grew my Twitter follower from 0 to like 1500 followers but that never sold any of my books but I stopped been so active on Twitter like I was before when I started and concentrate on building my email list.

I must say my books are poorly written and that really affected their marketing prospect a lot but along the line, I got hold of Goodreads and fell in love with it with much luck than all my months on Twitter. I got some reviews here on Goodreads and I wish my books are well written the, I would have got more than I managed then. This to me is a success story than been on Twitter.

I later started playing with Facebook Ads to help grow one of my blogs which with surprise help skyrocketed my traffic and my email list and later,I started writing posts which later got compiled into two books I’m about publishing now.

At the backstage anyway, I’ve used Facebook Ads with even a damn low budget to grow my email list of people who love all my blog posts which are all chapters of my books. This email list is surely a pre-marketing plan by me to market and sell my book (non-fiction books and one is almost like my memoir)

My excitement won’t let me rest until I worked with some authors friends who have got better results with Facebook and Goodreads Marketing and the case studies are almost ready for publication at AuthorsCrib.com

But to better explain what I’m talking about, I’ve got 3 posts where I really dissect the issue of Facebook and Goodreads Marketing and one of them is a guest post on Joanna Penn’s blog – The Creative Penn (back then when I’m used to my Pseudonyms – Mayor A Lan)
Hope you won’t mind my story kind of answer – I just believe I can answer your questions by explaining how it all started and also to answer your question of if social media marketing works for book marketing which I will boldly say “Yes, It works with the right plan and strategy”

Feel free to read some of the post I mentioned above at the link below:

Will Facebook Ads Work For Book Marketing?: http://www.authorscrib.com/will-faceb...

Facebook Marketing For Authors: http://www.authorscrib.com/facebook-m...

How To Use Facebook Ads To Sell More Books: http://www.authorscrib.com/how-to-use...

Goodreads For Authors: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2013/0...

Book Marketing For Authors: The Complete Goodreads Guide For Self Publishing Authors: http://www.authorscrib.com/book-marke...

Hope I tried to answer your questions but feel free to get back to me if you have more questions.

Cheers!

message 8: by Mayowa (new)

Dianne wrote: "An ongoing question. Curious as to responses."

Dianne,thanks for your comment and don't mind me this is coming late.

Hope you find my reply to James's questions helpful but i'm surely open to other questions as well as much as you might have them - just why i created this group in the first instance.

Cheers!

message 9: by James (new)

James McCormick | 9 comments Thanks Mayowa,
I'll check those links. This is all a very steep learning curve for me so very much appreciated (the trouble with just googling for advice is that so much of the suggestions are contradictory).
I'm sure I'll have many questions in the future - I hope I don't become a pest :-)

James

message 10: by Mayowa (new)

James A wrote: "Thanks Mayowa,
I'll check those links. This is all a very steep learning curve for me so very much appreciated (the trouble with just googling for advice is that so much of the suggestions are cont..."

Sure James,I'm always here if you need any help whatsoever and trust you will feed on all the infos contained in the post link I mentioned earlier.

message 11: by Mayowa (new)

Dianne wrote: "Thanks for the links. Always helpful to get as much information as possible!"

Always my pleasure Dianne!

message 12: by Bri (new)

Bri  | 4 comments I've been hearing alot about the power of a good email list. For those of you with a good one, how did you start out?

message 13: by James (new)

James McCormick | 9 comments Bri wrote: "I've been hearing alot about the power of a good email list. For those of you with a good one, how did you start out?"

I'd be very interested in replies to Bri's question.

btw- I saw your comment on the other thread Bri- I liked your FB page

James
@Jimbomcc69

message 14: by James (new)

James McCormick | 9 comments That's amazing Dianne,
I have so much catching up to do with authors like yourself

message 15: by Bri (new)

Bri  | 4 comments James A wrote: "Bri wrote: "I've been hearing alot about the power of a good email list. For those of you with a good one, how did you start out?"

I'd be very interested in replies to Bri's question.

btw- I saw..."

Thanks so much guys!
Thanks for your response, and congrats on your upcoming launch Dianne :)

message 16: by Mayowa (new)

Bri wrote: "I've been hearing alot about the power of a good email list. For those of you with a good one, how did you start out?"

Sure Bri,a good email list is the way to go and even the very first thing every authors should focus on when first starting out and happily,Facebook is there to help with that.

I'm a good example of what an email list can do to an author. Rather than shouting around "come and read my books",i kept quite and keep building my email list super easily and cheaply with Facebook Ads even before my two big books will be ready for publication.

Case studies about an author friend i'm working about with her list building and author platform building will soon be posted on AuthorsCrib.com.

Expect a mail from me to share more about this.

Cheers!

message 17: by Mayowa (new)

Dianne wrote: "Me too. I have one I've built from book signings, personal email people and I recently hired a woman in India to convert the email addresses of people who visit my website to an excel spreadsheet s..."

Hi Dianne,good you have even laid a background foundation to grow your email list but really,all of those technical stuffs of email capturing and sending of email can be automated and working all around the clock all day without going through the pain of importing your email list into a spreadsheet like you did.

From finding your target audience to capturing their attention and attracting them into your email list to engaging them,the tools are out there that do make authors life super.

Seems i need to start writing a detailed blog post on how to go about all these seeing all these great responses with email list building and author platform.

Expect that soon anyway and feel free to ask me any question you might have in mind about all these.

Cheers!

message 18: by Mayowa (new)

N.R. wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm new to writing, new to Goodreads, and new to social media marketing. Having read James' comments above, I really sympathize with him because I'm experiencing the same feelings. My ..."

Hi N.R,

I know how you feel and i'm happy yu want to learn how to build a list - which should be the number one priority of all authors and how to use Facebook Ads.

I'm just about to complete a guide i called The 80/20 No Wasting Of Time And Energy To Book Marketing that will show many authors who are feeling the same way like you how to navigate the somehow muddy waters of book marketing.

I must tell you, marketing a book sucks and i can say that as i have been in such situation of been clueless about how to get my books in the hands of my target book audience but through trial and error over the years, i have figure out what to do and what not to do.

You can have a feel of what i am talking about by visiting http://www.authorscrib.com/free-book to download a copy of the mini guide i wrote that will show you what to do and what you should avoid.

I will surely update all members here when i'm done with the extensive guide.

Cheers!

message 19: by Lilian (new)

Lilian (lilianjgardner) Thanks, Mayowa.
I've taken advantage of your offer and downloaded the free guide. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Lilian

message 20: by Mayowa (new)

Lilian wrote: "Thanks, Mayowa.
I've taken advantage of your offer and downloaded the free guide. I'm looking forward to reading it.
Lilian"

Glad you do that Lillian and if you have an question,feel free to throw them at me.

Cheers!

message 21: by James (new)

James McCormick | 9 comments I've just found out that my publishers are moving all their release dates forward (because of a backlog. This means I'll have five works out by November!!! I don't even have much more energy to keep on promoting the first one!!!
Mayowa- I know I haven't been in touch (family and work and also peer reviewing have been taking up all my time the last few weeks).
But I need to get myself organised. Organising a department change at my college so don't have much time until end of July.
But will read everything you've put out there so far and try and formulate a plan with you.

message 22: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Hey Everyone,
Glad to be a part of the group. I''ve really hit a bump in the road in the promoting and marketing dept. so finding this group and learning how I can expand will really help. Looking forward to reading and trying out some new ideas.

message 23: by Mayowa (new)

welcome Justin!

Good to have you here and feel free to head over to http:/www.authorscrib.com to avail yourself of useful posts you will find helpful.

Cheers!

Mayowa

message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael Spelling | 1 comments Glad to be joining this group. Looking forward for new discussions. Thanks!

message 25: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Hey Michael, welcome to the group. I joined this group a few months back and while I haven't seen a whole lot of discussing I'm still hopeful.

message 26: by Mayowa (last edited Feb 11, 2015 07:16AM) (new)

Michael wrote: "Glad to be joining this group. Looking forward for new discussions. Thanks!"

Welcome here Michael. Feel free to join me at AuthorsCrib.com for bunch of resources and posts that I know you will find helpful.

Also, feel free to enjoy weekly episode of The Authors Crib Podcast at http://www.authorscrib.com/category/p... where I bring to you best selling authors and book marketing experts to share their best tips to help you sell more books and take your author career to the next level.

And finally, if you will love a free one hour Skype session with me to discuss about your book and how you can build your author platform, feel free to go to http://www.findingyourbookreader.com and signup for your free Skype session with me.

And if you have any question, then feel free to mail me at Mayowa@AuthorsCrib.com

Cheers!

Mayowa

message 27: by Mayowa (new)

Justin wrote: "Hey Michael, welcome to the group. I joined this group a few months back and while I haven't seen a whole lot of discussing I'm still hopeful."

Justin.

So sorry for having little activities here.

But I promise I will be updating you guys here and sending you a weekly message of latest episode of the Authors Crib Podcast and other useful tips as well.

Cheers!

Mayowa

message 28: by Mayowa (new)

How will you feel if as a first time author, your book hit the number one spot on various categories in the Kindle store and also a top spot in a category in the whole of Amazon book store?

This is the story of my guest on this episode of the Authors Crib Podcast.

Ok, in this episode of the Authors Crib Podcast, we discussed about what happened from A to Z with her book launched and how she walked her way to becoming an Amazon best-selling author in the first week of her book launch and the lessons she picked from that as well as some tips and strategies that can help you achieve the same result with your book launch.

Click Here To Listen To How Rachel Became A Best Selling Author With Her First Book

What we discussed on this episode are answers to some questions like:

- From Launch to Best Seller – How Did It All Began?
- From Launch To Best Seller – How Did It Happen?
- How and Where Did She Got Her Book Cover Designed?
- And After Her Cover Is Ready, What Next?
- Who Are Her Target Audience For The Book?
- What Are The Strategies And Tactics She Used To Launch Her Book To A Best Selling Spot In Her Category
- The Promotion Channels She Used For Launching Her Book
- Did She Use Any Paid Promotional Ads?
- Will Facebook Ads Work For Book Marketing?
- How She Got Review For Her Book
- Did She Use The KDP Select Free Days Or A 99-Cent Promotional Strategy?

Listen to this episode to get the full gist of the answers to these entire questions at http://www.authorscrib.com/becoming-a...

If you find this interview helpful. Don't hesitate to drop your comment in the comment box below the post and also your questions are welcomed as well.

Cheers!

Mayowa

message 29: by Delores (last edited Jun 15, 2015 06:48AM) (new)

Delores Lewis | 2 comments Hey guys my name is Delores and I am so glad to be a part of this author book marketing forum. Several months ago, I decided to pursue my passion of writing as a full-time career. I wasn't sure how to go about marketing my novel, however, after browsing online for tips I came across this infographic: Top 10 Book Marketing Tips. It has given me a solid foundation for launching my career as an author. Hope this helps other aspiring authors! Take care

Delores

message 30: by Mayowa (new)

Delores wrote: "Hey guys my name is Delores and I am so glad to be a part of this author book marketing forum. Several months ago, I decided to pursue my passion of writing as a full-time career. I wasn't sure how..."

Good to have you here Delores

message 31: by Delores (new)

Delores Lewis | 2 comments Thanks Mayowa and thank you for setting up this forum!