What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction about a small city in Mexico or Central America or South America, poor and rich people, people looking for gold

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments Poor and rich people living in mexico maybe there was gold and I remember a part where a woman was eating dirt or paint maybe both. seems like a latin or mexican author.

message 2: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments I'm not sure from your description if the setting is Mexico or South America.

Do you mean maybe the book was set in Mexico or that maybe there was gold?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Fiction or nonfiction?

message 4: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments If I remember right the characters were looking for gold. It's setting is in Mexico or central america, somewhere. It's fiction.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

When did you read it?

message 6: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments maybe 15 years ago.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4129 comments not at all sure if Spirits of the Ordinary: A Tale of Casas Grandes is your book, but I'll mention it just in case

message 8: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments Ayshe wrote: "not at all sure if Spirits of the Ordinary: A Tale of Casas Grandes is your book, but I'll mention it just in case"

Thanks, but that's not the book. There could be mountains on cover....

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments It's not house of spirits. I remember there's a part where one of the characters (woman) eats wall paint or plaster and maybe dirt...

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Something by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez maybe?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Stacie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 13: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 7 comments It could be 100 years of solitude... I guess I need to read it again, to see...thanks for the help!

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Stacie ~~
Is this your book? If it is, let us know and we'll mark this thread as Solved.

If it isn't ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!