paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

We Are the Goldens
This topic is about We Are the Goldens
Buddy Reads Archive > We Are The Goldens

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Addy | 1944 comments Just Justin and Addy. Short read if anyone wants to join!

Addy | 1944 comments I need to read more of this, but I'm soo lazy that i don't want to get off couch and grab my kindle...great read so far

Addy | 1944 comments Im almost to 40%. Just started my reading for today. Im late in the game. Super busy morning.

Addy | 1944 comments Almost to 50%. Let me know when ur there.

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
Addy wrote: "Im almost to 40%. Just started my reading for today. Im late in the game. Super busy morning."

Yea busy day here as well, this new job we just got added to our team sucks. I traded it off on first break but I had to do it again today. I'm only at 15% but I'm getting back to it now.

Ok, I'm at 47% (stopped because it is the start of a chapter) so far I like it. I also like how it is written even though I keep getting caught on things that she wouldn't need to tell her sister and questioning why would she tell her sister that. It's obviously written for us and it don't bother me to much but it does kind of pull me out of the story a bit. other than that I love the writing, it is very unique and draws you into it. I have read epistolary tales written in the form of letters to another person and for the most part don't like them, but this one is more like she is just talking to her sister.

Addy | 1944 comments Cool. Im glad ur liking it. I also enjoy the fact that Nell conjures the 2 dead boys every so often. I've read something similar in a different book and its kind of a neat idea. I find the 2 sisters very relatable as well since I have a younger sister.

Yea, I like how the dead boys are a part of her, the things she knows but wants to ignore are the things that they know and she is ignoring them. Kind of like they are her subconscious thoughts materialized.

Would you be interested in Invisible Monsters for a future non horror buddy read?

I read a little bit of ritual for the horror aficionados group read tonight but I will get back to this one tomorrow, the story is really getting good now so I should get through it fast.

message 11: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Yes, I agree. I have to say that I understand the urgency of the situation. I also get that layla is in love with someone she shouldn't be with. But at least wait til you're out of high school...lol. Wait, what is the age difference?

message 12: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Is it by chuck p?...don't want to attempt the last name.

I don't know the age difference, not sure if it said or not but it sounds like he has done this with a different student every year which makes it more of an adult using a student than a taboo love kind of story. I can't really see her having a happy ending.

Addy wrote: "Is it by chuck p?...don't want to attempt the last name."

Yea, after reading the description I still have no idea what it is about but there are a ton of awesome quotes from it on goodreads. It's been on my list for awhile now.

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I don't think the rumors matter to Layla even though they are true. She's blind. But yeah, I don't see a happy ending here.

Im skeptical of the book you're mentioning only because the blurb makes no sense. Something about drag queens? Anyway, if I can get it, I'll try it with you. I've been meaning to read some if his work.

message 16: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Ok. I've read some reviews and now I'm very curious. I'll give it a whirl.

Are you done yet? I just finished. Shortly into the second half it started getting really good and I couldn't put it down. Great choice, I will definitely be looking for more books by this author. The ending was perfect.

message 18: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Nah. My husband had the day off and tomorrow too so we've been busy doing things around the house. Gonna try to finish this weekend. Glad u liked it. Now I can't wait to finish it!

message 19: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Alright, I couldn't help myself and finished. It was soo good! Wow! I kinda hope she'll continue the story. But if she doesn't, that's ok because it was perfect, just like you said. Im gonna add some more of her books.

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments U read anything by Karen Russell? I've heard she's good. Maybe a future buddy read? I just bought The Graveless Doll of Eric Mutis. Also, I know Lucy by Melissa Pearl. Check those out and let me know.

Addy wrote: "U read anything by Karen Russell? I've heard she's good. Maybe a future buddy read? I just bought The Graveless Doll of Eric Mutis. Also, I know Lucy by Melissa Pearl. Check those out and let me know."

The Graveless Doll of Eric Mutis had no description on goodreads so I'm not sure I will have to search for a little bit more to see what it is about.

I Know Lucy sounds good.

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Yes. If you look on amazon, it has a description. Are u up for another buddyread? The chuck one I can't borrow. Right now I'm catchin up in some older reads. Let me know.

Just let me know when you are ready for another one

message 24: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Will do:)