What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > black father steals pig to feed family /s

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie | 3 comments When I was young, I read a book about a boy who was either a slave or right after slavery and they were very poor. His dad stole a pig to feed the family, but was soon caught and went to jail. His father returned back at the end of the book if I remember correctly, but died soon after. I do not remember all the details, but I would love to know the name of this book as I would like to read it again. Thanks for any help.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
About what year did you read it? Was it a children's chapter book, a YA book, or something else? Remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie | 3 comments I honestly do not remember much beyond that, but for some reason the book is stuck in my head. I don't think it was a children's book. I want to say it was a novel of some sort, but again, I don't think it was a ya book either.

message 4: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 432 comments that sounds a bit like Sounder by William H. Armstrong , but it's a children's book.

message 5: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie | 3 comments Yeah, that was it. I had read it so long ago, that I couldn't remember. I guess I was a child when reading it. Thanks a lot.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sounder (other topics)