The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) The Maze Runner discussion


105 views
Does anyone else love their slang!?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Thomas I liked how the Gladers had a bunch of slang terms like klunk and stuff


Mary it took me a while to figure out but once I got it I was like "YUSSSS!!!"


Thomas yah same here. I also fanboyed just a little when I found out his name is thomas


Mary hahahah I didn't think guys cared about that stuff!?


Thomas Really? Me and all my friends are bookworms, and guys so yah


Mary that's cool! its really hard to find guys who like to read and get really into fandoms!


Thomas haha yah! I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember


Tanya i like your profile pic , Thomas! i have read the maze runner and i loved it!


Neha Oh Totally! Especially the word 'Shuck' XD


Katrina i sometimes speak in their slang i love it so much. is that wierd?


Kelly Brigid ♡ I love it too! I kind of don't want them to do it for the movie, however, cause that could make it corny, but I loved it in the book! I was actually also kind of relieved, because there would be so many "f-bombs" if they didn't have these made up words! xD


Kelly Brigid ♡ Kkevorkian wrote: "i sometimes speak in their slang i love it so much. is that wierd?"

Not at all, I do it all the time with my bestie. I even made up the word "shucktastic" lol! Ya, I'm weird like that xD


Angelica Castillo I loved it too! It took some time getting used to, and in the beginning I was annoyed when they kept repeating the words and I did not understood what they meant but I'm now loving it!


Thomas Tanya wrote: "i like your profile pic , Thomas! i have read the maze runner and i loved it!"

Thanks! It's one of the horses on my family's ranch. Do you ride?


Thomas Kkevorkian wrote: "i sometimes speak in their slang i love it so much. is that wierd?"

I do that a lot. Characters always rub off on me


Tanya yes actually i do ride horses!i love them. what is the horse in your profilr pic`s name thomas?


Diane Actually the made up slang is the main thing I didn't like in the book. It got on my nerves. I know other people complained about some characters and scenes in the book ( especially the ending of book three) but it was the slang that got to me. Over all I liked the trilogy and the prequel.


Kelly Brigid ♡ Diane wrote: "Actually the made up slang is the main thing I didn't like in the book. It got on my nerves. I know other people complained about some characters and scenes in the book ( especially the ending of b..."

Understandable. I for one, would not like to see the slang in the movie, it 'could' make it corny. Hopefully they'll use nothing worse than "cr*p" in the movie. :)


Thomas Tanya wrote: "yes actually i do ride horses!i love them. what is the horse in your profilr pic`s name thomas?"

Her name is Skeeter. It's my sister's horse. Do you own your own horse?


Diane Once I really got into the story the slang became secondary and not an issue. I had the same issue with the Bloody Jack series because of the cockney slang. Overall a good story is a good story and I get past it as I immerse myself into the book but in a movie it may be more distracting or not really noticeable depending on how it is handled.


Kelly Brigid ♡ Diane wrote: "Once I really got into the story the slang became secondary and not an issue. I had the same issue with the Bloody Jack series because of the cockney slang. Overall a good story is a good story and..."

True. I see what you mean. I just think it would sound weird, hearing every character saying "shuck-face" or "shuck it"; it may take the seriousness out of it. It didn't bug me in the book though xD


Hannah yeah i wonder how well they will end up balancing out the slang. i didnt even think about that. hopefully they will manage it well


Tanya no i don't own my own horse but sometimes i wish i did:)


Thomas Tanya wrote: "no i don't own my own horse but sometimes i wish i did:)"

That's a bummer. At least you don't have to scoop poop every day!


Tanya well i do have a cat.


James I love the slang in The Maze Runner and the slang made the book even more fun to read.


Thomas Tanya wrote: "well i do have a cat."

LOL Well you have to scoop that poop too! What's its name?


message 28: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary ♫~Kelly~♫ wrote: "I love it too! I kind of don't want them to do it for the movie, however, cause that could make it corny, but I loved it in the book! I was actually also kind of relieved, because there would be s..."

Oh yeah!! I didn't even consider the movie! Now Im worried they are going to muss it up ):


message 29: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary Tanya and Thomas seem to have a lot in common....


Thomas Mary wrote: "Tanya and Thomas seem to have a lot in common...."

LOL Yah I guess we do!


message 31: by Uday (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uday Kanth And I thought the slang would never catch on! To be honest, I did not like the words that much.


Tanya her name is belle. she is a Himalayan.i do like how they seemed to have a lot of slang that i had never heard of before i read this book.it is so unique. i don't think they should put it in the movie because it would make them sound corny.


Tanya her name is belle. she is a Himalayan.i think they should not include the slang in the movie because it would make it corny.


Dillon O Flynn The words would be kind of weird in the movie alright. Use the normal terms if they are going to go along with the book.


Thomas Tanya wrote: "her name is belle. she is a Himalayan.i do like how they seemed to have a lot of slang that i had never heard of before i read this book.it is so unique. i don't think they should put it in the mov..."

Ahhh That's a nice breed. I have 3 cats named Annabeth, Daphne, and Tobias


Tanya two of which have names in books. annabeth in the Percy Jackson series and Tobias in Divergent.


Tanya and Daphne in the sisters Grimm. good book.


Thomas Tanya wrote: "and Daphne in the sisters Grimm. good book."

Yah! When my neighbors cat had kittens they sold us the litter and I got to name them. They are all book names like you said


Tanya good idea:)


Thomas Yah, those are a few of my favorite books. One of my friends thought it was kind of lame to name them after book characters but I just ignored him


Connor I Shucking love it!


Hannah thats a great idea, thomas. if i had a cat i'd so do that


message 43: by sim (new) - rated it 2 stars

sim Oh yes, the slang and Minho were the only things I loved about this book.


Hannah really??? i thought maze runner was really good. i didnt like the second and third book were as good but i liked the first one. but minho is pretty awesome


message 45: by sim (new) - rated it 2 stars

sim Yep! It was a total waste of money for me. It was slow-paced, Thomas seriously grated on my nerves (he was whining and whining all the time and didn't know when to shut up) and I hated Teresa since the moment she was introduced. All of this was enough of a turn down so awesome characters like Newt, Minho, Alby and Chuck did little to make this book bettet for me.
Scorch Trials was a LITTLE better but only and only because of Minho, Newt, Brenda and Jorge!
Lastly, the third book. I haven't been able to finish it till now.


Kelly Brigid ♡ Nightlock wrote: "Yep! It was a total waste of money for me. It was slow-paced, Thomas seriously grated on my nerves (he was whining and whining all the time and didn't know when to shut up) and I hated Teresa since..."

I loved all the books, but I see what you mean. I do admit the books could've been faster paced, and yes ahem, Newt, Minho, and Brenda were the best characters in the book. period. Thomas was a little whiny but NOTHING compared to Katniss (THG) and though I haven't read it, I hear Tris (Divergent) is just as bad. xD


Hannah ♫~Kelly~♫ wrote: "Nightlock wrote: "Yep! It was a total waste of money for me. It was slow-paced, Thomas seriously grated on my nerves (he was whining and whining all the time and didn't know when to shut up) and I ..."

i disagree with katniss and tris i didnt find them whiny at all. but thomas was kida whiny


Thomas Hannah wrote: "thats a great idea, thomas. if i had a cat i'd so do that"

Hey thanks!


Tanya hey guys how goes it?


Kelly Brigid ♡ Hannah wrote: "♫~Kelly~♫ wrote: "Nightlock wrote: "Yep! It was a total waste of money for me. It was slow-paced, Thomas seriously grated on my nerves (he was whining and whining all the time and didn't know when ..."

...I don't mean to offend you, but Katniss was nothing but a mentally weak screw-up by the end of Mockingjay. It is true, and Collins herself wanted it kind of like that. I honestly don't know 1 person who liked Katniss by the ending of the series. I found Thomas a teeny bit whiny, but nothing compared to Kat.


« previous 1
back to top