What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Surreal short story - man wears skin

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I'm trying to find a short story I read for a class in 2006. The professor gave us a photo copy, so I didn't have it in a collection of short stories, so it could have been from anywhere. I forget exactly what the name of the class was, but the theme was surreal or weird fiction (most of it from the mid-1900s though, as far as I remember). I read it in 2006, but it was probably a few decades old - I'm not 100% sure of that though!

The story was sort of surreal/horror. I remember it started out normally enough, but it became strange by the end. It's about a man who kills people (maybe one person, maybe more, not sure) and wears their skin. I believe the skin actually becomes part of his body. As far as I can remember, the sort of fantasy aspect of him becoming that person/fusing to their skin happens sort of unexpectedly near the end - up until that point it seemed realistic.

I don't remember anything else unfortunately. If someone recognizes the story from this description, that'd be awesome! Sorry it's not a ton to go on (I hope there aren't too many skin-wearing murderer stories out there though, haha) Thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Holly, are you still looking for this story?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Holly, are you still looking for this story?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.