Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Default Edition

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Totally Entwined Group Librarian (totallyentwinedgroup) | 12 comments I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere. I may have the answer but want to clarify. The author All the Wright Moves wants the new edition to become the default, All the Wright Moves. I can't figure out how to add that edition to the series. Can someone help with that?

Thanks!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Totally Bound wrote: "I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere. I may have the answer but want to clarify. The author All the Wright Moves wants the new edition to become the default, [book:All th..."

Goodreads Authors can set the default edition of a book, but librarians have no control over it.

The default edition of the book is what shows up on the series listing.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Apr 28, 2014 05:51PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) #4 in the author FAQs (at https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... ) gives directions on how authors select default/primary/featured edition if that helps. Once set, the goodreads cache can take a while to update everywhere on site (series thumbnails tend to be slowest to update).

(If not set by author, goodreads just uses the most popular edition. If author has trouble setting, librarians cannot help but author can email goodreads staff at support@goodreads.com for less quick help.)

Totally Entwined Group Librarian (totallyentwinedgroup) | 12 comments Thanks for the response. I'll let the author know. She is in the process of claiming her author page and I'm assuming she will have to wait until that's complete before she makes that change?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42465 comments Mod
That edition already is the primary edition, due to being the most shelved. It doesn't need to be manually set to default.

Totally Entwined Group Librarian (totallyentwinedgroup) | 12 comments Okay, then now I'm really confused. Sorry. So, I have to ask again, why is the series not showing on the author's page. Actually, neither one of her series are showing on her page.

First Series - https://www.goodreads.com/series/1061...

Second Series - https://www.goodreads.com/series/1274...

Thanks for your patience with me.

message 7: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments No idea why the first isn't showing up. The second one was created only 15 hours ago. You should give it at least 24 and closer to 72 before you worry about it. The series cache is very slow to update.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42465 comments Mod
I have again reverted the change to the author order on book one of the McKinley series. All editions must have the authors in the order of the original edition.

Totally Entwined Group Librarian (totallyentwinedgroup) | 12 comments I guess I'll let the author handle this with GR staff then because I'm sure she is going to want this series on her page.