The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New member!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Bass (rb6k) | 2 comments Hello everyone, my name is Richard and I am currently on the hunt for a new series to sink my teeth into.

I quite like to read BIG stories. I've not read anything majorly special, in fact I'd consider my knowledge of books pretty weak. The most recent BIG series I've read is A Song of Ice and Fire, I've read all of them so far, along with the spin off books, and I await the final 2.

In the past I've read Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series. I love Wilbur Smith's series about Egypt.

I am looking for something that is similar to these 3, in that the story spans many books, lots of time, and has lot to get your teeth into.

I look forward to reading your responses!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10087 comments Mod
Hi Richard. Welcome to the group!

I'm not much for series any more, so I might not the best with recc's but when I did read them, I really enjoyed Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series, and the Dexter series. There's also this really old series called the Death Gate Cycle if you are looking for a good old fashioned fantasy one.

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Bass (rb6k) | 2 comments Thank you Lori,will look into them now! Any other recommendations are welcome from the community!