THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > New Author Alert :) :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rumont (new)

Rumont TeKay (RumontTeKay) | 2 comments Hello everyone! I'm totally new to this space and wanted to stop in and introduce myself as a new author signed to Wahida Clark Presents Publishing. I heard a lot of good things about this community, and just wanted to say that I look forward to connecting and growing with you all through the power of literature :) I'm excited! My upcoming title is "VENOM in my Veinz" dropping this summer, so please look out for it! Synopsis is below. Also, if you'd like to give a personal review of VENOM, and get a taste of my writing style, comment below with your email address and I'll send it over! HAPPY READING!!!

Synosis for "VENOM in my Veinz" by Rumont TeKay

No matter the effort that Bromise Balducci put forth early on to undermine his passion to kill, he’d fall weak to the seducer of power over again. Initially, it was only his mentor and grandpa, Brisco, that basked in the joy of Bromise’s frequent killing sprees.

Then something changed. He began to feel the urge to kill; to feel his adrenaline rush through his bloodstream, as his pulse beat in sync with the rapid blasts of his banger. With each job, he became more addicted to the power of controlling life or death.

His signature style trigger-finger placed him in a class of his own. He chased the rush like a clucker chased a fix with only one objective in mind…to take back the crown that was wrongfully stripped from Brisco…The King of Chiraq! And nothing or no one will stop him.

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby Vandiver | 10 comments Hi Rumont, welcome! Let me know when your book comes out and we can do a swap. Congratulations.

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack Knapp | 778 comments Mod
I'm a new author too, at least on Goodreads.
I currently have three books on Amazon, one of which is also available from Nook, iBooks, Kobo, and CreateSpace. Not that many have noticed. According to D2D, one sale.
But Combat Wizard, Wizard at Work (the Wizards Trilogy; Talent is being written now, about half finished) are selling via Amazon, as is Darwin's World (my new one, available through multiple outlets). That's a second series, totally different. The 'Wizards' are actually psi's, no psi's or wizards on Darwin's World. Just sabertooth cats, dire wolves, short-faced bears...oh, and slavers. Raiders. On DW, the interesting days just keep coming!
Reviews appreciated!

message 4: by Jack (new)

Addendum; I'm short on sleep, sorry! My fourth complete novel is undergoing final prepublication revision/proofing. The Trek will be published around the end of May.

message 5: by Michael (last edited May 05, 2014 04:56PM) (new)

Michael Schmicker | 7 comments Aloha to all, and greetings from Hawaii! Published non-fiction author in the parapsychology/scientific anomalies field (most recent book: The Gift:ESP, published by St. Martins (USA); Rider/Random House (UK) I also love history, and reading historical fiction set in Italy (my sister Rosie, a botanical artist, lives and paints in Perugia, a Papal stronghold for centuries until Garibaldi’s triumph in 1870), and I get to bella Italia as often as I can. I just finished my first fiction work -- a novel inspired by the true life of Eusapia Palladino (1854-1918), a fiery-tempered, erotic, middle-aged Neapolitan peasant woman who levitated tables and conjured up spirits of the dead in dimly-lit séance rooms all across Europe at the end of the 19th century. (Really!) Look forward to sharing ideas with you all.
Cheers,
Mike

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Leverick (leverickm) | 1 comments Hi all,

Newby to Goodreads, I'm a self published author with my first book and hope to learn and grow through sites such as this. I love making connections and getting feedback. Forgive me if I'm a little slow with interactions, I'm just getting my head around the site and will do my upmost to stay connected wherever and however possible. Thanks for listening Michelle :)

message 7: by K. Leigh (new)

K. Leigh (leighmichaels) | 1 comments Hi all! I too am a new self-published author hoping to learn and grow as an author through Goodreads and other sites. Looking to make connections with other Indie authors as well. Cheers!

message 8: by L. (last edited May 13, 2014 01:25PM) (new)

L. Riofrio | 1 comments Hi! I am new to Goodreads. My popular science book is about light:

The Speed of Light

I am the scientist who predicted that light is slowing down, a VERY controversial idea. I hope everyone enjoys the book, it is an easy read.

message 9: by E.N. (new)

E.N. McNamara (ElizabethMcNamara) | 82 comments I too am a goodreads newbie. I've written a fast and fun series about a family who after losing their father in Iraq, move to an off the grid farm in small town Oregon. The book is narrated by a fourteen year old girl with itchy scratchy tendencies.
I've been on Amazon for years and have nice reviews (from strangers to boot!) but have no reviews on GR.
If any of you feel that you could stomach this kind of story, perhaps we can arrange a review swap.

message 10: by Addie (new)

Addie Greene | 6 comments Hi E.n., Addie here. I live in southwestern Oregon (Ashland) and would be interested in doing a book/review swap. My story, The Eagle Rises, is set mostly in Cananea, Mexico 1905-1911. The protagonists get involved first in a horrendous copper strike in which more than 40 people were killed and then get caught in the Mexican Revolution. I'll check the final proof tomorrow and should have copies within a week.

message 11: by E.N. (new)

E.N. McNamara (ElizabethMcNamara) | 82 comments Sounds interesting Addie. Keep me posted.

message 12: by Gary (last edited May 12, 2014 06:02PM) (new)

Gary Hage (garyahage) | 33 comments Greetings to all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a first time author and new member here on Goodreads.

One day my wife told me "Gary, you need to stop giving your stories away and sit down and write them so they can be published!" I took her advice, and it was the best thing I've ever done. I had only seen myself as the storyteller around the campfire, never as an author. Yet here I am, one book published, and with three others in different stages of finish.

Our years together as long haul truck drivers traveling with our Boston Terrier Abby has given me a treasure trove of stories (along with other life experiences) to write about.

My first novel Fallen Angel Of The Highway was published and released on 3/26/14 by FriesenPress. It is a fast paced exciting look into the makings of a homegrown terrorist!

message 13: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Congratulations.

message 14: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments I am happy to see this as well. I agree that we as writers should come together to support each other. We need all the support we can get.

message 15: by Bridgett (new)

Bridgett Renay | 4 comments Congratulations! It sounds like a good read.

message 16: by Teri (new)

Teri Whittlinger | 1 comments Hello everyone,
My name is Teri Whittlinger. I'm a new Romance novelist. I've been writing since I was 19 and have published my first book in may,I'm now 40. While I would love to make some money off of my books I am just happy with the fact that my family and friends can now own a copy of my book in printed and digital format without have to carry around a binder with printed pages.

message 17: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Does anyone know anything about WAVECLOUD? Is it like SMASHWORDS or BOOKBABY?

Something tells me that they are more like BOOKBABY?

message 18: by Nick (new)

Nick (nickanthony51) | 400 comments Vanity Publisher for self published authors...

message 19: by Gary (new)

Gary Hage (garyahage) | 33 comments Thank you Nick. Another wonderful and informative tool for a new author like myself.

message 20: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Ordiway | 5 comments Hi everyone! My name is Bailey and my first book Blackout is coming out in just a few days. Its my first book and i self published. Very excited!Hoping to be a part of this community.

message 21: by DS (last edited May 19, 2014 12:45PM) (new)

DS Kane (dskane) | 4 comments Hi All-
It's wonderful to see so many creative people here! If you're interested in spy thrillers, such as books by Daniel Silva, Barry Eisler & TOM CLANCY, then I have just the series for you.

The first book in my "Spies Lie" series, Bloodridge, has recently been released here and on Amazon, and I'd love to know what you think of it.

FYI: I'm a former spy, so I truly know the world I write about.

Shoutouts:
Bailey - Congrats on Blackout! Is it released yet?
Gary - I can completely relate. I'll have to check out your book!
Addie - The Eagle Rises sounds like a good read!

message 22: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Thanks for the warning about WAVECLOUD. Vanity presses still seem to be around, unfortunately. After publishing my first e-book, I received messages from a vanity press. They had seen my book as it had been copyrighted (somehow) and supposedly liked it. They wanted to "publish" it because it was supposedly so good. I asked how they were able to read it as it had only just been copyrighted and not available yet on Amazon. They said they hadn't read it but had only seen it listed. I asked how they could like it if they had not read it. I did not receive an answer or another e-mail.

WAVECLOUD sounds like a metaphor used in the poem "The Highwayman."

message 23: by Robert (new)

Robert Martin | 1 comments Hi all, I'm new here too! Having just had my first paperback published, I thought it would be worthwhile to have a Goodreads profile. Still finding my way around!

message 24: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Harrison | 7 comments I'm new as well...thanks for having me. I'm Bianca Harrison author of "Someone To Call My Own." My first book published March 2014. I'm so getting the hang of GR and meeting other authors while connecting with everyone

message 25: by Roxie (new)

Roxie Mcdugger | 1 comments Hello all, I am new here too. I am Roxie McDugger, author of "Princess to Slave". It is my first book and published late March 2014. I am still trying to figure Goodreads out. Hope to make more friends as well.

message 26: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Well, all three of you, I have been here a little while and am still trying to figure it out. For example, when we review a book (not our own), where does the review go? Who reads the reviews (I have written four so far) and where do they read them? I can see an image of one I am currently reading but not the former four. Thanks.

message 27: by Jack (new)

I'm figuring this place out too, Charles! Slow, but sure, that's me.
This morning I added a new book and realized I could add an excerpt, so I did. Then I went back and did the same with my other books. Sigh. It's taken a while, but I'm there.
Excerpts: I copied text from my .docx file, which can't be uploaded here; then I ran it through Calibre, which you should have in your Applications files; if you don't have it, get it. It's very useful. Calibre converted the excerpt to epub, which I then filed on Goodreads.
Maybe this set of directions will help you other newbies!

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2014 11:38AM) (new)

Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my first book called Rent Me. It is not a mainstream book. It is a Gay M/M Erotica Contemporary Romance. My book posted online at 11PM May 27th. I cried. I sold 100 books somehow. I am addicted to looking at my royalties like a man checks out the stock market. I am so excited that I have not been able to write. I am now going to pimp my book around to try to keep this momentum up.
Rent Me
Rent Me by Brina Brady

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael McGrinder (michaelmcgrinder) | 6 comments Hello. New here, though I have been writing for a hell of a long time. I have posted three published plays here - no covers yet, but I'll work that out. I plan soon to publish an eBook of my poetry, followed by a few other books of different genres.

message 30: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Which site is where we are allowed to post covers for our e-books? Ron Recluse and Scarlett and others tried to help me, but it hasn't worked yet.

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael McGrinder (michaelmcgrinder) | 6 comments Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my first book called Rent Me. It i..."

Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my first book called Rent Me. It i..."

Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my first book called Rent Me. It i..."

Hi Brina/

Congratulations on getting the book out AND on breaking 100 sales so quickly. It's a great start. / Michael

message 32: by Michael (new)

Michael McGrinder (michaelmcgrinder) | 6 comments Charles wrote: "Well, all three of you, I have been here a little while and am still trying to figure it out. For example, when we review a book (not our own), where does the review go? Who reads the reviews (I ha..."

Hi Charles/

To see books you have reviewed, click on My Books in the top menu. Click on any book you have reviewed to see the review. It's difficult to know who has read the review unless they leave a comment. To the left of your books, you will see a list that includes: (all) the books you have listed, read, are reading, (want) to read. Hope this helps. /Michael

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Michael wrote: "Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my first book called..."
Thank you. I just hit the 200 mark on Amazon. I feel like this is a dream.

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael McGrinder (michaelmcgrinder) | 6 comments Brina wrote: "Michael wrote: "Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession, I wrote my f..."

Bravo!

message 35: by S. (new)

S. Aksah | 100 comments Rumont wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm totally new to this space and wanted to stop in and introduce myself as a new author signed to Wahida Clark Presents Publishing. I heard a lot of good things about this communit..."

good luck with the book!

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 01, 2014 07:17PM) (new)

Michael wrote: "Brina wrote: "Michael wrote: "Brina wrote: "Hi I am a new author. I self-published my first book on May 27,2014. This is a dream and goal for many years. After retiring from the teaching profession..."

Thank you. You can also upload your book on AllRomance and I created a publisher account. It took a few days for them to approve me but I sold two books right after I uploaded them. This is all a dream I am sure. Nothing is happening at Smashwords, the same 3 from day one. But Amazon...now that is where the action is.

message 37: by Amlan (new)

Amlan Kundu (AmlanKundu) | 1 comments Hi,
I'm an yet to be published author from India.

I'm at this stage of life where every Author comes before they are born in the literary world. I’m chasing my passion and dream.

My first Book is under the Publishers scalpel and is yet to find a warm home.I'm deeply influenced by Stephen King's book on writing. Whenever I'm on a low ebb on writing, i make it a point to read and rejuvenate.

Writing is a passion for all of us in this group and all of us want words to float and reach the other side of the world and connect fellow beings.

At times ideas are too many... but unlike many of you, I'm yet to master the skill of typing words quickly as they appear in my mind.

Feel privileged to be here, and just like many I thank goodreads for giving a platform to authors and readers to bond as a community.

Thanks goodreads and I wish everyone from the bottom of my heart that all you writers may be successful and accomplished.

Warm Regards,
Amlan

message 38: by Missy (new)

Missy Reynolds (goodreadscommissyrey) | 1 comments Hi ya'll. My name is Missy and I'm a new author. My book, Dreams of The Burning Trilogy is now available! I'm excited to be here and meet new people. I write full time and I'm also a full time mom and wife! My life is full and sometimes feel like the outsider as I'm considered weird due to my over active imagination. So I look forward to connecting with like minded people, who have other worlds, characters and stories bursting to come forth all the while you live out your own life! :)

message 39: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Hedges | 1 comments Good morning, afternoon or evening. I'm another new author, and my first book "Average Joe's Story: Quest for Confidence" is being released in paper back in August. I don't particularly like the online life so I'm going on a cross country book tour. Hopefully we might have the opportunity to meet face to face somewhere along the way. I look forward to learning from you sharing with you, and possibly even working with you some day.

message 40: by Hazel (last edited Jun 06, 2014 11:36AM) (new)

Hazel Cartwright (HazelCartwright) | 7 comments Well Hi Everybody I'm happy to announce that my first Book is now available on Kindle too! I do not consider myself a Author just yet but I love to read Fiction Romance and adventure novels. I hope my book brings a smile to a person's face.

I appreciate all reviews and honest feedback-
It is titled:Single's Guide , SIngle Therapy

Happy Reading

message 41: by Erin (new)

Erin Manbeck | 1 comments Hello All,
My name is Erin Manbeck and I just released the final book in the ""Gifted" Trilogy. This trilogy has been my introduction into the writing world and I love it. If you enjoy Fantasy Romance, with a touch of humor, take a look at my author page and you can read what it's all about.

message 42: by Corey (new)

Corey Lamb (officialcoreylamb) | 3 comments I'm about two weeks into the whole Goodreads experience, but I love it here! I've gotten loads of great advice and met some great people in the process.

I'll go ahead and give a shout-out to my debut horror/comedy I Am Become Zombie, available for pocket change over at Amazon. I'd tell you more, but it'd just be easier for you to go ahead and buy it ;)

If you love it, tell your friends. And if you hate it, well, tell your enemies. But trust me, you'll love it. The cover has a smiley face. And smiley faces don't lie.

message 43: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Yes, they do.

message 44: by Corey (new)

Corey Lamb (officialcoreylamb) | 3 comments Did you have a bad experience with one, Charles?

message 45: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments With a person who smiles while thinking or planning something else? You kidding?

message 46: by Trumillia (new)

Trumillia Lunnie-Thomas (tlthomas) | 1 comments Happy Sunday everyone! I too am a new author to Goodreads! Just concluded my first book giveaway for "When Crazy's Coming, The Midlife Misadventures of a Midlife Diva", the first book in my Midlife Diva Series and am looking forward to hosting one for Book Two in the Series, "Most Likely"! Looking forward to "meeting" often!

When Crazy's Coming, The Midlife Misadventures of a Midlife Diva (Book #1) by Trumillia Lunnie-Thomas
When Crazy's Coming, The Midlife Misadventures of a Midlife Diva

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone! It's so nice to see all of the new authors here and I'm happy to add my name to this wonderful bunch. I am an author still in the publishing phases for my new book at Tate Publishing and Enterprises, LLC. I've heard a lot of wonderful things about Goodsread and wanted to try my hand at it. So far everyone has been wonderful and I can't wait to read and share more with you all! :) My upcoming book's title is "Class B: Transitions". It doesn't have a release date just yet, but I hope not too much longer for one. There is a synopsis below and if you would like to learn more about it check out my newly made website that's posted on my profile! Like Rumont, it would be wonderful to get reviews for my book and I would be more then happy to send you a copy of it to your email to do so. Enjoy!

Synopsis for "Class B: Transitions" by K. R. Wilde

After the tragic deaths of her parents, six year old Renske is forced to go through a dangerous transition that ages her to that of a 17 year old. As she deals with the stress of her new image, Renske comes across secret information that reveals the betrayal of a close friend. With red hot rage flowing through her, Renske begins to drastically change for the worse in order to take down her now enemy. Without acknowledging this problem, she allows herself to spiral out of control and become what she has vowed to destroy.

message 48: by Nowick (last edited Jun 11, 2014 03:03PM) (new)

Nowick (nowickgray) | 18 comments Hello, glad to jump in the pool here with other first-timers. I've already gotten some good advice from the forums here, re. ironing out the kinks with Amazon. I write in a number of different genres - which is asking for trouble right off the bat, I know. But what can I do? When the muse insists...
You might enjoy sharing my latest adventures in Genre-Land, the post called "Meditation of a Hunter: Brog the Cyberpunk"
Last but not least, anyone interested in joining a "Blog Hop," let me know as I may have some spots still open...

message 49: by Willow (new)

Willow Sanders (willowsanders) | 5 comments Like everyone else, I too am new to the Goodreads community & just self-published my first book. I would love to connect with as many of you as possible - simply for moral support/book exchanges etc... so feel free to friend me!

I write in the Chick-Lit/ Contemporary Romance genre... though I do plan further down the road to also publish E.F. as well - but probably not under the same name - separation of brands and all.

message 50: by Jack (new)

Welcome, Willow. Your genre isn't mine, but scratch through our imaginations and you'll find we're all pretty much the same, just following OUR individual muse.
Which is about as trite as I want to ever become! :D

« previous 1