YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George RR Martin -> Starting July 15th 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47369 comments Mod
Na that date works! There a schedule?

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Yup lol.

message 3: by Maddie (new)

Maybe a chapter a day? Or 2. XD

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Oh woah lol. 1 chapter is no where near 100 pages lol. Sorry but there's no way I'm gonna read 100 pages a day. School will be back then and I think I might struggle with a chapter a day haha.

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Yeah :) Starting June 3 with A Game of Thrones. Will we just do a chapter a day until we finish the series, or will we have breaks between each book?

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Alright. :)

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments this is fine for me! cant wait to finally read these!

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Awesome Jordan! :D

message 9: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments I want to join too!! :) I've always wanted to read this series ^^

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll hop on into the buddy read too! A chapter a day is fine by me and I've always been intimidated to read George RR Martin just because his books are SO big!!! But a chapter a day is a good steady read for a book like Game of Thrones!!!

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments oh im in :)

message 12: by Char (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments Hey guys. I would like to join. Was planning on re reading GOT in June anyways because I read it like 2 or 3 years ago and I completely forgot what happened.

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I just bought the last 3 books, so I'm ready!

message 14: by Char (last edited May 28, 2014 02:07AM) (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments PS. I have been reading the previous comments. Are you sure you are ok with reading a chapter a day? The book has around 70 chapters and on average the chapters are quite short (usually around 10-15 pages). So if we do read a chapter a day it would take over 2 months to finish. I was hoping to finish it in June.

My plan is to read approx 30-40 pages a day since 780 pgs (total pages in my copy) / 30 (all days in June) = 26 pgs

So that would be around 2-3 chapters a day.

Sorry for the long comment lol. What do you guys think?

message 15: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments Char wrote: "PS. I have been reading the previous comments. Are you sure you are ok with reading a chapter a day? The book has around 70 chapters and on average the chapters are quite short (usually around 10-1..."

I agree with you!! I just got the book from the library, and it's HUGE. I'll get old before we finish it if we read only one chapter a day. I think we should go for 3-4 chapters.. that makes more sense.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I think we should try to read 4 chapters a day and see how that works out because a chapter a day will take forever.

message 17: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments Yeah.. It'll take 70 days for one book.. That's like forever.. lol

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Ok well looks like I'm out then. XD Hope you guys have fun with this book!

message 19: by Maddie (new)

Na I don't have much time anyway. And I'd prob get behind even with 1 chapter a day.

Looks like it.

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Sorry. :( I don't have time to read this book. I would if someone else was doing 1 chapter a day but you're all keen to get this done with.

message 21: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments id be able for 1 chapter a day so ill read one a day and i can post my thoughts

message 22: by Maddie (new)

Are you sure Ann? I don't wanna hold you up.

message 23: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments Read at your own pace. We'd love to hear your thoughts :)

message 24: by Maddie (new)

I've read it before but I need to read it again. I'm gonna try for a chapter a day because I'm not gonna be taking it to school and I do have library books to read.

message 25: by Maddie (new)

I'm gonna read my chapter soon.

message 26: by Maddie (new)

I've read this before so I think I'll just wait for others to reply so I can discuss with them. XD I read Chapter One though.

message 27: by Char (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments Just started this one. Only one chapter in so far. :)

message 28: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I'll only be reading one chapter a day as well, will read it later :)

message 29: by Char (last edited Jun 03, 2014 10:49AM) (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments Just finished the chapter after the prologue titled Bran. That would be Chapter 1 I guess. (view spoiler)

EDIT: Finished up my daily goal. (Prologue, Bran, Catelyn, Daenerys). (view spoiler)

message 30: by Maddie (new)

I'm reading Bran now. Just about to start.

@Char: (view spoiler)

message 31: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Just finished Bran. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Maddie (new)

@Jordan: Is that chapter 2? Or are you way ahead? XD

message 33: by Maddie (new)

And my fave characters are Tyrion, Jaime and Sansa. I can relate most to Sansa.

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments No It's the chapter after the prologue haha! I'll be reading this for a while :p I love Tyrion!

message 35: by Maddie (new)

Yeah me too. You reading a chapter a day with me? And have you read the series before?

message 36: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Yeah, I will be. No, I've seen the show but first time with the books.

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Woohoo buddies! :D

Yeah I've read the first 3 books and up to Season 3 episode 7 in the show. I'm about 10 episodes behind in the show because I've been too busy haha.

Brb dinner.

message 38: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Wooo! I'm up to date with the show because my boyfriend is a huge GoT fan.

message 39: by Maddie (new)

I want a bf. :(

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Awesome Kathryn! :D Hope you get into it!

Still need to read the rest of my chapter. Hoping it's not too long.

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Read my Catelyn chapter.

message 42: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I read a few chapters today as I don't think I'll have much time over the weekend.

message 43: by Char (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments So I am enjoying this one just as much as I did the first time I read it. Forgot how much I loved it actually. Also, I am actually sticking to my plan to read about 30 pages a day of this so far. Currently 100 pages in.
I am about to start Chapter 12 (not including Prologue) titled Eddard.
Just finished 11 from Dany's point of view (view spoiler)

message 44: by Maddie (new)

@Char: To be honest, I don't picture the characters to be the ages they say in the book. If I did that I'd be truly disturbed. I just imagine them like the tv characters.

About to read my chapter.

message 45: by Maddie (new)

Started the Dany chapter.

message 46: by Char (last edited Jun 06, 2014 05:18AM) (new)

Char (charcass) | 257 comments Maddison wrote: "@Char: To be honest, I don't picture the characters to be the ages they say in the book. If I did that I'd be truly disturbed. I just imagine them like the tv characters.

About to read my chapter."

I actually read it for the first time before the tv show came out so I didn't really have the actors as reference. I do now. Picturing Kit Harington as Jon Snow is definitely not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all. Still though I try not to.

message 47: by Sapir (last edited Jun 06, 2014 08:30AM) (new)

Sapir | 329 comments Kathryn wrote: "I think I'm going to have to drop this book. I just don't have time. I'm really sorry that I can't be part of this folks. I hope you enjoy it :)"

If it makes you feel better, I didn't have time to start AT ALL.
I have this gigantic history exam on Monday and I don't have time to breath ><

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Aw alright Kathryn. :( We'll miss you!

@Sapir: Why not just read a chapter a day then?

Reading my Eddard chapter sometime today. I'm also gonna do a catch-up of the show.

message 49: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 329 comments Maddison: I wish I had time to do that. Yeah, the situation is that bad.

message 50: by Maddie (new)

@Sapir: That sucks!

Read my Jon chapter. :D

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.