Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Babafaba I HATED IT! I'm currently reading Allegiant and it's far better! Divergent was better too!

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America I like the Tobias and Tris moments but i liek the 1st and last book more this one was a disappointment to me.

Melissa I loved the first book, tolerated the second book, and disliked the third. I wish I could unread it.

Sabrina I agree with Melissa. the first was awesome, the second was very repetitive, and the third destroyed the entire series.

Raynebow I loved the first one, liked the second and felt conflicted in the third. I Love insurgent almost as much as I like divergent but the third one eh, kind of is well i thought it was stupid

message 6: by Destiny (new) - added it

Destiny Bennett Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "I HATED IT! I'm currently reading Allegiant and it's far better! Divergent was better too!"

i understand where your coming from but i think that you dont hate this book. you just dont like the book, but you dont hate it. but hey what do i know.

message 7: by Destiny (new) - added it

Destiny Bennett Tana wrote: "I like the Tobias and Tris moments but i liek the 1st and last book more this one was a disappointment to me."

what is liek please elaborate

Fallon Farmer I like them all but the third book i felt conflicted I have the whole series and i'll read the first book and 2nd possibly over and over.

Babafaba Destiny wrote: "Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "I HATED IT! I'm currently reading Allegiant and it's far better! Divergent was better too!"

i understand where ..."

No, I hated because it was a let down. It just wasn't the Roth I met in Divergent. It had many writing mistakes(in my opinion) and I felt like none of Tris's feelings were explained. That simply led me to not care about who died.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "Destiny wrote: "Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "I HATED IT! I'm currently reading Allegiant and it's far better! Divergent was better too!"

i u..."

I agree. :)

message 12: by Destiny (new) - added it

Destiny Bennett Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "Destiny wrote: "Babafaba(Hypnos)((Awesome Bob))(((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))) wrote: "I HATED IT! I'm currently reading Allegiant and it's far better! Divergent was better too!"

i u..."

I know it was a let down but I was sitting down writing the book and I just thought about all the details thats in those three books so don't come at me saying you hate my book and it was a let down.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

...how is it your book?

Babafaba ???

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Destiny Bennett said that she wrote it...?

Babafaba Yeah . . .
WHAT???

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. Right.

Rachel Paige  Hamlin Melissa wrote: "I loved the first book, tolerated the second book, and disliked the third. I wish I could unread it."

I felt the exact same way. The third one felt as if she was desperately trying to keep the books going.

message 19: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line I really liked 'Divergent', but the last two books, I wish I could 'un'read'... They were so badly put together, the actions and interactions of the characters feels forced, if not downright questionable, and it feels like she wrote a completely different story, then the one she ought to have written.
I have no problem with how it all turned out, (view spoiler) but it all seemed very forced and not thought through...

I have reread 'Divergent', and will properly do so again, but will only pick up 'Insurgent' and 'Allegient' again, if I can think of no other book to read, and are desperat for some litterature...