Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent question

Your Choosing Ceremony
Ivy Ivy (last edited Apr 28, 2014 01:48PM ) Apr 28, 2014 01:42PM
Ok guys. So it's your choosing ceremony day. Which faction would you choose? AND why? Let's keep this interesting.

Personally, I would love to try dauntless as a challenge but I would end up factionless, most likely. Having that said, I would probably fit best with Amity. Just hanging around planting things and eating bread.

AMITY BC ITS THE ONLY FACTION I WOULD SURVIVE IN

Candor or Erudite
I'm Smart but brutally honest
#Just Saying

Id most likely pick Abnegation, its the most like my current life. Quiet and submissive but I'd love to be Candor so I could speak my mind and have the courage to tell people no and the honest truth.

The things dauntless do really interest me...fearless :) and i love wearing black too...and hope to get a tattoo :D

i would be divergent but be choose dauntless, second choice would be abnegation, then erudite, then candor, then amity. i am brave, i am like tris, i believe in all of these things;

We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world’s injustices.

We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace. But more than that: We believe that justice is more important than peace.

We believe in freedom from fear, in denying fear the power to influence our decisions.
We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

We believe in acknowledging fear and the extent to which it rules us.
We believe in facing that fear no matter what the cost to our comfort, our happiness, or even our sanity.
We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.
We believe, not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them. We believe that pain and death are better than cowardice and inaction because we believe in action.
We do not believe in living comfortable lives. We do not believe that silence is useful.
We do not believe in good manners.
We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands.
We do not believe that learning to master violence encourages unnecessary violence.

We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by. We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery.

I'd choose Erudite because I am really smart and want to become a doctor when I'm older. I wouldn't want to choose it after the whole Jenine serum thing. Then I'd choose Candor because I value honesty and I love black and white. I wouldn't like telling all my secrets.

I would choose candor because I love the way they do things and everything would be out in the open all the time so you know you would be able to trust people. I also enjoy debating and the law side of things so I would like the jobs they offer there.

I'd go for Dauntless. I would NEVER fit in Amity, I'm to big of a bitch for that xD I'd never fit in Abnegation, To selfish (though I can be selfless) I would probably also fit in Erudite or Candor cause I am smart and honest as hell. But I am also brave and I come up for my friends and loved ones and besides I like to do the jumping of off rooftops and trains...seems fun indeed. I'm probably just Divergent xD

I'd most likely be Divergent. I'd either go to Dauntless or Erudite or just be faction less expect I wouldnt be a mean faction less person :)

divergent for me... not trying to go with the crowd though. I think I kind of agree with Tobias about everyone should be selfless, and honest, and kind, and courageous, and intelligent. So... I'm factionless, and outside of Chicago, but not like the mean guys at the bureau, but also dauntless. I'm sooooo confused.

Most likely dauntless because i don't fit in the others i would be factionless but this closest

I would love to be Dauntless because you are free to express yourself since they don't have a specific dress code or look, but I would most likely end up factionless with dyed hair and tattoos. I think I would do good in Amity, Erudite or maybe Abnegation. I think I'll have to be.......

Divergent!!!

Dauntless or Candor
I want to be brave and truthful.

Wow. I think we would all be every where and pretty evenly spread out.

I'd probably choose Amity because I think it's safe there. Hahaha!

Dauntless!!!! Im not scared of anything besides snakes and spiders. I will jump off a roof a train just like they did. It seems fun.

it's not saying what you are (divergent), it's asking what you would choose.

and erudite: erudite is if you like learning, and that's what you want to do all day everyday. it's not if you are smart or not.

I would choose amity because i am friendly and not extremely brave (i would never fight anyone), but i could be candor, erudite, or abnegation. I wouldn't choose erudite because I like learning just not all day. I like amity because it is very peaceful

When I took the online text, I got equal for Dauntless and Erudite, and out of those two I don't really like researching things and my goal in life is not to become a scientist.

i would choose erudite because i enjoy being around intelligent people and and i find myself quite intelligent too.

Lacey Tatum Your gonna have fun ruining the world.
May 01, 2014 06:48AM · flag
Miss Minette AMITY ALL THE WAY
May 01, 2014 08:50AM · flag

AMITY! :) <3

Erudite because I love to read and I believe that education is very important in life.

divergent.i am honest so i will be candor and i love farming, so amity i also like dauntless.

I think that everyone these days would divergent. But then again we all chose to go our own way. I think it would have been cool if they had a secret faction for the divergent.

Kevin (last edited May 06, 2014 02:35PM ) May 06, 2014 02:33PM   0 votes
I would probably be Divergent but if I had to choose, Dauntless to be able to control my fear and for the training which leads to a new me.

Dauntless a)I am not afraid to tell someone how it is b)I would totally jump out of a train c) I love being around people like me.

Dauntless, a) because it's kick ass and b) by personality suits very much to it. thought all in all I'm definitely divergent ahaha.
What faction would you chooses ?

Amity or Erudite, 'couse Amitly is peace ( i don't like fighting or harming anything) and Erudite bc i like reading and i'm kind of smart. :P

I would choose AMITY, bcoz it contains my initials- aMiTy

As appealing as Dauntless seems, I would still go for Erudite! Erudite is the faction with all the power- the technology and serums and everything else. Now I'm not a power-hungry maniac but it would be nice to be informed of what exactly is being injected into my neck wouldn't it? Also, I find the whole serum and simulation concept really interesting and would want to know how it works.

Erudite. I love being smart and one of the most intelligent people in my classes, so this fits me. Probably Divergent though, with Dauntless and maybe a little Candor.

i believe i can make it in dauntless but i'd have to go with erudite

Amity as well here! Although, I am a bit Erudite...tough choice.

Erudite. I love using time to study things (OUTSIDE school, not schoolwork, ugh), I also love reading and I'm pretty intelligent <:

I would probably be Divergent, but I would choose Dauntless because Dauntless looks like the only fun one out of all the factions. I think that I would be Divergent because everything that Tris did in the book, that was what I would have done in the first place. Tris is like my fictional role model.

I would be in amity because I am very kind and happy in genreal like the Amities.

I would also choose Dauntless because they have paintballs and they have cake!! Who wouldn't want Dauntless cake? Also, I like to imagine that I am fearless and brave enough to successfully join Dauntless past the initiation. However, I'm more likely suited for Erudite because I used to love school when I was younger. Sure it got boring as I grew up, but I found it way more interesting than most. Also, Erudite has soda. I gotta say, Dauntless and Erudite probably have the best desserts and I want them both.

Although Dauntless looks super cool, everybody knows that i can't survive in there.So I would probably choose amity.However, Abnegation is also good. I think the best is being Divergent :))

I would chose either Amity or Erudite. Erudite because I am smart and I love to read a lot (just ask my firends). I would also chose Amity because I am growing up in the country and it is so fun being around nature and I would love to live somewhere that feels like home. I mean I am not the first person to volunteer to get their hands dirty but I would love to live like Amity.:)

deleted member May 10, 2014 10:15AM   0 votes
I think Dauntless sounds awesome, even though I may end up factionless

deleted member Apr 29, 2014 08:20PM   0 votes
I would probably be candor because I value honesty, and I try really hard to be truthful, but I'm divergent like almost everybody today, and would probably fail because I need to tell lies sometimes....like when I don't do my homework.....

I would love to go to Dauntless, 'cause i'm so fearful and would like to get rid of them and just love the train- and roof-jumping thing, but I bropably wouldn't survive there, so Erudite. I think it would be nice to be Divergent, because you wouldn't have be so absolute about your choise.