The Sword and Laser discussion

Supreme Sword going to China?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2485 comments The other day Tom tweeted that Veronica is going to China:

https://twitter.com/acedtect/statuses...

What to take on a trip to China? Maybe a fiction title like The Journey to the West, Volume 1? Possibly a non-fiction book like China Survival Guide: How to Avoid Travel Troubles and Mortifying Mishaps?

What else?

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments Romance of the Three Kingdoms should keep her occupied even if she's there for a decade.

message 3: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (ppiazzesi) | 51 comments I haven´t read it yet but I have How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia on my TBR list and it could be a cool read on a trip to China. It´s not fantasy though.

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1702 comments Mod
You guys are awesome ;)

message 5: by Keidy (last edited Apr 29, 2014 04:37PM) (new)

Keidy | 525 comments I've had this in my wishlist for awhile so I haven't read it yet. But it is a Chinese story with and is about Chinese courtesans. The summary itself sounds interesting and it sounds like the book Memoirs of a Geisha, but you know, instead of it being about Japanese courtesans it's about Chinese courtesans.

The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan

message 6: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4190 comments If she hasn't finished the tales of Number Ten Ox, it might be a good time to do so... :)

Hope V has a great time and that her wrist is better. :) Also, take the advice Anthony St. Clair gave on where to eat. I follow that rule when I travel to South America, always worked out well.