English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Group read-alongs > May 2014 read-along

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Apr 28, 2014 12:22PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4751 comments Mod
The book for May is Jo Nesbø and his book is The Son,it will be out on May 13, 2014. Look for other books that come out in May. Good reading.

message 2: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Apr 29, 2014 05:27AM) (new)

Might as well put "The Killing III" up it was last month but she starts off being kinda bi..... this read, Interesting. I haven't seen the TV version yet, don't know when will get it. They have the American version out of Seattle.

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Finally finished The Killing 3 by David Hewson and wow, was it actioned packed. Hate to see the end of it. I liked Lund she was the kind of Detective that Anna loves. Dosen't take anything from anybody.

message 4: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited May 22, 2014 08:20AM) (new)

Well I liked Jo Nesbø's book "The Son" but it followed Jo's writing pretty much. I guessed who the moles were right off the bat. That didn't detract from Kari finding out from Else what happened. I wonder if Kari is Jo's next Harry Hole. Comments?

message 5: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited May 27, 2014 08:25AM) (new)

Quentin Bates published a book on May 1, 2014 called Cold Steal.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (aetm) | 228 comments I don't think Kari would be the next Harry. It'd take a few books and lot of Harry-dark events and serial killing snowmen to make a new as cool character as Harry.
I did like The Son. And especially his character.
Good stuff. But I need more Harry... :p

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Choberka | 69 comments I could never get enough Harry!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna (aetm) | 228 comments ... I'd go even as far as hope to get one day a book with double Harry... imagine Hole and Bosch working together in some case? They'd drive each other nuts, but would yet provide double Harry for the readers...