What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > children's fiction: girl from Georgia

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 254 comments I can't recall a whole lot about this book, just one character, a girl, who is from Georgia. She likes to talk about having a Southern accent, and several times throughout the book, other characters ask her if she's from Southern Georgia, and she replies, No, she's from Northern Georgia. Apparently the other characters have only heard of the Georgia that was part of the Soviet Union? Not sure if the girl is traveling aboard or what.

I know, not much to go on. I vaguely recall that this may have been a mystery and was probably middle-grade, and I read it in the late 80s/early 90s.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Standalone or part of a series? Author male or female? Any cover art?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 254 comments It may have been part of a series, a mystery series? I'm not sure. This is the only part of the book that stands out to me...

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Approximately when the book was published? That is, was it new when you read it?

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 254 comments I'd say I was between the ages of 10-12, so maybe 1988-1990? It was fairly new, published within a few years of that.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Kate, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 254 comments Haven't found it yet!

message 8: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Here's a list that might help you :

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...