Ramp Up 7 ELA Book Club- Period 8!!! discussion

Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon White | 10 comments Mod
WRITE DOWN A QUOTE FROM YOUR BOOK THAT CAUGHT YOUR INTEREST WHEN YOU READ IT.

ALONG WITH WRITING THE QUOTE, INCLUDE THE AUTHOR'S NAME AND THE TITLE OF THE BOOK.

message 2: by _Roshell_ (new)

_Roshell_ | 15 comments "She Gives And She Gives, Ignoring The Hurt"

~Kimberly Kirberger~

message 3: by BRENTON (new)

BRENTON  NUGENT | 4 comments "YOU LOOKING TO HIRE OUT?"

message 4: by Brandon (new)

ALMIGHTY wrote: ""YOU LOOKING TO HIRE OUT?""

Who was that character asking that question to?

message 5: by casey (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:55AM) (new)

casey diometre | 9 comments "The force of this giant's charge splintered the wooden side of the crate and buried him inside it."
Michael Jan Friedman "Justice League: Wings Of War"

message 6: by Julianna (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:52AM) (new)

Julianna Rose | 5 comments "Let me tell you about how todat's gonna work."Liz spoke gently. "Tryouts are really simple.Each girl surfs in the morning-"

Zoey Deans Star Power
A Talent Novel

message 7: by Rubie (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:53AM) (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments "she wanted to be one hundred percent focused on the jobat hand-finding a cute halloween costume that wouldn't break the bank or make her look like a midget with stripper boobs."
-tempted by:cecily von ziegesar

message 8: by Keenan (new)

Keenan Duran | 6 comments "the drizzle of english winter colder than any snow" Isac Asimov's history of ibotics

message 9: by Isac (new)

Isac Roman (PapiChampagne) | 9 comments "I believed him--the world believed him--to be the greatest magician who ever lived"

#Houdini:The Handcuff King #Jason Lutes

message 10: by Iveluz (new)

Iveluz | 4 comments "ill send your regrets,then, ill tell petrie you aren't interested in directing that short either. we're deciding that today."

message 11: by Kaylah (new)

Kaylah Patterson | 10 comments "I fell off a wagon" victoria said

message 12: by BRENTON (new)

BRENTON  NUGENT | 4 comments CHARLIE IS TALKING TO JOSEPH

message 13: by Malasia (new)

Malasia Daniels | 7 comments how these kids found a mystery about this snake that can turn into a barrel

message 14: by BRENTON (new)

BRENTON  NUGENT | 4 comments COOL BOOK DUDE :)

message 15: by _Roshell_ (new)

_Roshell_ | 15 comments Rubie wrote: ""she wanted to be one hundred percent focused on the jobat hand-finding a cute halloween costume that wouldn't break the bank or make her look like a midget with stripper boobs."
..."
"Wait So She's Trying To Look Cute By Wearing Stripper Heals ??

message 16: by Rubie (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments Kaylah wrote: ""I fell off a wagon" victoria said"

lol you serious!! xD what time period was this considering she's riding a wagon.

message 17: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Rose | 5 comments Malasia wrote: "elijah of buxton is about a free eleven year old boy and his friend found this mystery about this snake that has poisen and it can kill you in several hours ."

why did u write what it was about you were supposed to write a quote

message 18: by Kiarawhite (new)

Kiarawhite | 2 comments DIANA IS GOING TO KILL HER BROTHER WHEN HE TELLS HER HE SET UP THE LOVE OF HER LIFE NOW THE LOVE OF HER LIFE IS DEAD

message 19: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Rose | 5 comments Kaylah wrote: ""I fell off a wagon" victoria said"

who fell off what waggon

message 20: by Isac (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:57AM) (new)

Isac Roman (PapiChampagne) | 9 comments Keenan wrote: ""the drizzle of english winter colder than any snow" Isac Asimov's history of ibotics"

Is Isaac his real name?

message 21: by Kaylah (new)

Kaylah Patterson | 10 comments Kaylah wrote:

UMMMMM CAN U BE MORE DETAILED

message 22: by Rubie (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments _Roshell_ wrote: "Rubie wrote: ""she wanted to be one hundred percent focused on the jobat hand-finding a cute halloween costume that wouldn't break the bank or make her look like a midget with stripper boobs."
..."

lmboo XD nope she searching for a halloween costume for a party

message 23: by Rubie (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments _Roshell_ wrote: ""She Gives And She Gives, Ignoring The Hurt" thats deep

~Kimberly Kirberger~"

message 24: by Kiarawhite (last edited May 08, 2014 10:49AM) (new)

Kiarawhite | 2 comments this is crazy veto is coming from the dead and hunting diana
night shade
lynne ewing-

message 25: by Kenyialis (new)

Kenyialis | 9 comments "Hey, sorry about Ingrid"
By:Nina LaCour
Title:Hold Still

WHy say sorry if it wasnt your fault? You could have just said sorry for your loss.

message 26: by Evelyse (last edited May 08, 2014 10:39AM) (new)

Evelyse | 8 comments "on our grandmother's side the've got royal blood dating back to charlemange!"

MARGARET PETERSON 'SENT'

message 27: by _Roshell_ (new)

_Roshell_ | 15 comments Undoubtedly,popularity had its benefits.

~~No Body's Perfect~~

~Kimberly Kimberger~

message 28: by casey (new)

casey diometre | 9 comments "the mysterious Batmanto his curious, lonely vigil."

Justice League:Wings of War

message 29: by Keenan (last edited May 08, 2014 10:43AM) (new)

Keenan Duran | 6 comments "the dark is quiet just like silence". history of i botict

message 30: by Naidelyn (last edited May 08, 2014 10:43AM) (new)

Naidelyn | 2 comments " i could hear you guys arguing all the way inside, so it couldnt have been too private. Whats this manuscript that you're talking about?"

LYNNE EWING
THE SECRET SCROLL

message 31: by Kaylah (new)

Kaylah Patterson | 10 comments when alcia finally arrived,sondra smiled and sighed. " you are like poetry in motion. revenge of the wannabes by lisi harrison

message 32: by Isac (new)

Isac Roman (PapiChampagne) | 9 comments "I am a jew.You will take orders from meand follow every instuction to the letter."

~Houdini

message 33: by Rubie (last edited May 08, 2014 10:42AM) (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments "waverlies couldnt resist the temptation to make fun of mrs.horniman's name, sometimes speculating as to what her maiden name had been-fuckmeister, screwsalot-but in reality shes was one of the bestadvisers."

tempted

~cecily von ziegesar

btw it was the only sentence i read

message 34: by _Roshell_ (new)

_Roshell_ | 15 comments Kenyialis wrote: ""Hey, sorry about Ingrid"

WHy say sorry if it wasnt your fault? You could have just said sorry for your loss."

That quote dont really help the reader have a better understanding of the story/artical

message 35: by Keenan (last edited May 08, 2014 10:44AM) (new)

Keenan Duran | 6 comments Isac wrote: ""I am a jew.You will take orders from meand follow every instuction to the letter."

~Houdini"

so is houdini jewish?

message 36: by Evelyse (new)

Evelyse | 8 comments casey wrote: ""the mysterious Batmanto his curious, lonely vigil."

Justice League:Wings of War"

WHAT IS A VIGIL

message 37: by Kenyialis (new)

Kenyialis | 9 comments Rubie wrote: ""waverlies couldnt resist the temptation to make fun of mrs.horniman's name, sometimes speculating as to what her maiden name had been-fuckmeister, screwsalot-but in reality shes was one of the bes..."

Those are very odd names...What is wrong with your book? But sounds interesting.

message 38: by Isac (new)

Isac Roman (PapiChampagne) | 9 comments Keenan wrote: ""the dark is quiet just like silence"."

isnt silence quiet ?

message 39: by Rubie (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments Keenan wrote: ""the dark is quiet just like silence"."

dont you believe that the dark is beautiful cause it touches your soul?

Tanisha aka Nesha | 5 comments Something thatcaught my intrestwas when i read that historians write about slaves getting mistreated.Nat turner by terry bisson

message 41: by Rubie (new)

Rubie santiago (rubie_xO) | 9 comments Kenyialis wrote: "Rubie wrote: ""waverlies couldnt resist the temptation to make fun of mrs.horniman's name, sometimes speculating as to what her maiden name had been-fuckmeister, screwsalot-but in reality shes was ..."

idek lml XD not really but its good

message 42: by casey (last edited May 08, 2014 10:46AM) (new)

casey diometre | 9 comments Isac wrote: ""I am a jew.You will take orders from meand follow every instuction to the letter."

~Houdini"

is this book showing racism???

message 43: by Evelyse (new)

Evelyse | 8 comments Isac wrote: ""I am a jew.You will take orders from meand follow every instuction to the letter."

~Houdini"

WHO IS THE PERSON BEING RASIST

message 44: by Malasia (new)

Malasia Daniels | 7 comments I would been scared of a snake BY Christopher Paul Curtis title:Elijah Of Buxton if u hurried up faster than u could had a cookie.

message 45: by Keenan (new)

Keenan Duran | 6 comments Rubie wrote: "Keenan wrote: ""the dark is quiet just like silence"."

dont you believe that the dark is beautiful cause it touches your soul?"

i dont know how to answer that.

message 46: by Maurice (last edited May 08, 2014 10:51AM) (new)

Maurice | 5 comments 'they will need a home when they come back'

#acend

message 47: by _Roshell_ (new)

_Roshell_ | 15 comments Kaylah wrote: "when alcia finally arrived,sondra smiled and sighed. " you are like poetry in motion. revenge of the wannabes by lisi harrison"

Why didnt you just write the quote in quotation marks ?

message 48: by Malasia (new)

Malasia Daniels | 7 comments _Roshell_ wrote: "Kenyialis wrote: ""Hey, sorry about Ingrid"

WHy say sorry if it wasnt your fault? You could have just said sorry for your loss."

That quote dont really help the re..."

the quote dont really help the character think about the other.

message 49: by Kaylah (new)

Kaylah Patterson | 10 comments _Roshell_ wrote: ""She Gives And She Gives, Ignoring The Hurt"

~Kimberly Kirberger~"

_Roshell_ wrote: ""She Gives And She Gives, Ignoring The

~Kimberly Kirberger~"

Brandon wrote: "WRITE DOWN A QUOTE FROM YOUR BOOK THAT CAUGHT YOUR INTEREST WHEN YOU READ IT.

ALONG WITH WRITING THE QUOTE, INCLUDE THE AUTHOR'S NAME AND THE TITLE OF THE BOOK."

message 50: by Brandon (new)

casey wrote: ""the mysterious Batmanto his curious, lonely vigil."

Justice League:Wings of War"

what was Batman curious about?

« previous 1